Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: I love 3" Smith Revolvers

You guys are making me regret dumping my non-girlie 3" and 4" Smiths...and not buying that factory 3" M66 I saw years ago...

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by rsa-otc View Post
    Many feel the Glock 19 to be the best all around carry gun. I think an argument can be made that 3" round butt K frame sized revolver (of the S&W persuasion because I am a nerd/snob too) is the best all around carry revolver.

What do you guys think?
    I absolutely agree.

(Well, if the 3" HB/RB K is the G19, the taper-barrel 4" N is the Government Model.)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Many feel the Glock 19 to be the best all around carry gun. I think an argument can be made that 3" round butt K frame sized revolver (of the S&W persuasion because I am a nerd/snob too) is the best all around carry revolver.

What do you guys think?
    Agreed. I love my 65-3 3". Best DAO trigger I've ever felt on a wheel gun.

I'm planning on getting a 19 or 66 that's beat up to make into my perfect carry revolver. A 3" DAO K frame RB cut for moons and a set of the C&S Extreme Duty sights. Then it'll go to Bill for a finish job.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    So do want!
    Group buy!!!!!! In orange!
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Sorry nyeti but it is Tam for the win with the PC13. As nice and I do mean nice as your 65 is, blued guns have soul. The only problem is I could not bare the thought of carrying it being afraid of messing up the finish with saddle wear. At this point in my life stainless is for working guns. Pristine blued guns are for fondling and drueling over.

You guys have my jealous/hate meter pegged to the max. And I am usually a easy going loving sort. Now I am going to go curl up in a corner somewhere, rock back and forth mumbling to myself and work out my issues.

Todd I always wanted to take one of your classes and try to talk you into allowing me to attempt to earn a place on your wall with a wheely. That I pretty sure that I can accomplish unless the pressure gets to me. A coin not so much unless you adjust the times for Revolvers.
    Don't worry, I have just started. I too thought "that evil woman, I hate her", but......I have held many in reserve to keep folks returning to the awesomeness of this thread.

I love these things. I would agree with the 3" K/L being the G-19ish gun of the revolver world, and the 4" N as the Govt. Model. (although I do like my Commanders-3-3.5" N's). There is just something about running a wheel gun that is a ton of fun, and like the 1911, just have a certain soul to them.....except the ones with the lock where their soul was removed and they are just shooting things.

It is also always fun to watch a good shooter on a wheel gun. It is fun trying to be good. I am sort of at the point where the VP9 has really settled as my soul-less daily carry and training guns. I have simply re-focused on having fun again in life with guns and enjoying my lifetime of acquisitions. The best of those that make me happy are revolvers and 1911's (okay, and the pile of P7's). Getting back to competing and using my 686SSR is fun and I am focused on running down the bottom feeders.

Keep em coming.........Todd needs to get this figured out. Notice I also didn't specify which 3" revolvers.........where is Hizzie the double gunning 3" GP100 full house magnum dude who makes me happy when I hear the thunder from his shooting position on the line?

As soon as this thread burns out......we'll do the 4-7" ers.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I absolutely agree.

(Well, if the 3" HB/RB K is the G19, the taper-barrel 4" N is the Government Model.)
    Indeed. If faced between choosing a 3" RB K frame, a 3.5" M-27, or a 4" H/D 38/44, given all in equal condition (and ignoring the relative collector value; I don't own collectors, I own shooters)… I just don't know what I would do.

Openish carry-3.5" 27, the "Killing Gun", preferably in a Sloan holster. Concealed-3" K IWB. Easy

Agreed, but would you really want to carry a 3.5 inch model 27 and risk damaging the finish? Pretty much any blued Smith is a work of art, but a 3.5 inch model 27 is close to the holy grail. If they made the model 28 in 3.5, I think that would be the carry gun.

Anyway--great idea for a thread--and those who think that four inch barrels are superior to 3 inchers are plainly heretics who should be sent off to the re-education camps.

I'm pretty happy carrying my 4" pencil barrel, round butt model 12. I'm still pondering converting a model 12 to a 3". I just need to get my grubby paws on a 12-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I'm pretty happy carrying my 4" pencil barrel, round butt model 12. I'm still pondering converting a model 12 to a 3". I just need to get my grubby paws on a 12-4.
    I just got a 2" Model 12 recently....boy was I a dummy not finding these earlier. It is funny, I was just thinking last night that a modern "612" 3" built just like a K frame 642 and rated for the same +P .38 as the snubs would be a great gun for a ton of people. I would be on one like a fat kid on cake.

Jeep, I used to be the same way on my 3.5 model 27.....until I got my nickel pre 27 and registered magnum #40 and now th 3.5 model 27-2 is my beater

User Tag List