Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast

Thread: I love 3" Smith Revolvers

Finally took my 64 to the range today.
    Holy cats, regular pressure 38s were like a 22 compared to my 642. Lol

It’s been so long since I shot a steel framed revolver I for got the difference the weight makes.
    Even the +P HST’s that look like wadcutters were easy peasy.

It did like the blazer 125 grn std pressure a little more as far as accuracy over the HST.

I love this gun.

Thanks for enabling me. Lol

My dad came over for dinner tonight and gave this back to me. I bought it for him as a birthday present years ago. The arthritis in his hands finally got to the point where he can’t shoot it anymore. He told me to do whatever I wanted with it and said sell it if I wanted. I told him he’s lucky he got it at all cuz I had seconds thoughts about sending it to him. 🤣

3” 64 CYA (Cali Youth Authority) that I had bead blasted and given an action job with some Crimson Trace grips.

Name:  AD504813-005C-4A88-8C11-99B3DFE83AC8.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  78.1 KB
    Name:  4AE932C4-6D4A-4784-B95F-ADBED9ECF2DD.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  70.3 KB

Family photo
    65 (father in law duty gun)
    Custom 3” 67
    19 (father in law duty gun)
    Name:  A1B7B867-FFE7-4803-880C-2C7B4764E4BC.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  54.2 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    My dad came over for dinner tonight and gave this back to me. I bought it for him as a birthday present years ago. The arthritis in his hands finally got to the point where he can’t shoot it anymore. He told me to do whatever I wanted with it and said sell it if I wanted. I told him he’s lucky he got it at all cuz I had seconds thoughts about sending it to him. 🤣

3” 64 CYA (Cali Youth Authority) that I had bead blasted and given an action job with some Crimson Trace grips.

Name:  AD504813-005C-4A88-8C11-99B3DFE83AC8.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  78.1 KB
    Name:  4AE932C4-6D4A-4784-B95F-ADBED9ECF2DD.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  70.3 KB

Family photo
    65 (father in law duty gun)
    Custom 3” 67
    19 (father in law duty gun)
    Name:  A1B7B867-FFE7-4803-880C-2C7B4764E4BC.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  54.2 KB
    If you’re low on safe space I’ll let you store your dad’s gun in my safe!
    What do you think of the laser grips on it? I have a 2” 64 and I’ve been thinking about getting a set for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    If you’re low on safe space I’ll let you store your dad’s gun in my safe!
    What do you think of the laser grips on it? I have a 2” 64 and I’ve been thinking about getting a set for it.
    Thanks for the offer @BobM, but I’ve still good on safe space.

In general I really like laser grips. The jury is out on those. I think I’m gonna get a pair of VZ grips to put on the 64 and switch the CT grips to one of the others. Want to borrow the CT grips to try out before you decide to spend the $$$?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Merry Christmas to myself. 1970s German Nutcracker from ebay and 66-3 from a LGS. I was out running errands and thought Ill just stop in for a minute and see what they’ve got with zero intention of buying anything. I think it may have been the first 3” revolver Ive seen in person. Didnt know anything about it but 3” PF says good so I took it home. Looks like it was a sock drawer gun. Probably less than a box shot through it. And I just told myself a few weeks earlier no more guns for a while. Im weak and PFers are enablers.

Name:  B03B8588-6E9B-402F-A05E-1497E2412E0D.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  38.9 KB
    Last edited by UNK; 12-31-2022 at 02:35 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Merry Christmas to myself. 1970s German Nutcracker from ebay and 66-3 from a LGS. I was out running errands and thought Ill just stop in for a minute and see what they’ve got with zero intention of buying anything. I think it may have been the first 3” revolver Ive seen in person. Didnt know anything about it but 3” PF says good so I took it home. Looks like it was a sock drawer gun. Probably less than a box shot through it. And I just told myself a few weeks earlier no more guns for a while. Im weak and PFers are enablers.

Beautiful score!! Welcome to the club! That’s a Holy Grail 3”.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

That’s a fantastic score UNK. Congrats on a good find.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I recently purchased a Ruger GP100 with fixed sights and a 3" barrel from an estate of a deceased friend. I was surprised at how good the trigger was and strongly suspect my friend had at least replaced the springs in it. I will shoot it after my shoulder heals up and post a report.

If you’re going to dip your toe into 3” S&W waters, you sure found the way to start. What a catch.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

66-3 from a LGS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Beautiful score!! Welcome to the club! That’s a Holy Grail 3”.
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    That’s a fantastic score UNK. Congrats on a good find.
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    If you’re going to dip your toe into 3” S&W waters, you sure found the way to start. What a catch.
    Wow, for sure, stumbling across something made from Unobtainum!

User Tag List