Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: I love 3" Smith Revolvers

Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    Them's some nice Ks.

I wish you could get those grip adaptors any more. I sent in some money for a couple. Crickets. Waited, then texted them (their "preferred" method of contact) More crickets. They cashed my check right away, of course, back in January. Fucking thieves!
    I got some Tyler T adapters in 19' I think. Took about three months for them to arrive. Definitely would not risk that transaction again.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    My Karl Sokol 3' model 10.

Attachment 81256
    Wow, sweet piece.
    I'm thinking I'm going to have to send a K to Mr. Sokol soon.
    What do you think of those 320 boot grips? I've got a set on my 66 and really want to like them, but kinda wishing I had gone with the Diamonds instead.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by swampyank33 View Post
    Wow, sweet piece.
    What do you think of those 320 boot grips? I've got a set on my 66 and really want to like them, but kinda wishing I had gone with the Diamonds instead.

I find them perfectly adequate, I have never felt like I needed more texture from them if thats what you are driving at. They also dont chew my belly up when sitting against my skin.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by swampyank33 View Post
    Wow, sweet piece.

I think the smooth grips are fine when shooting .38s but I do prefer the checkering when shooting .357s with vzs.

Not to derail the thread, but Robertson's Trading Post has new brushed aluminum Tyler T-grips for J-Frames (fit square or round butt) for $28 on Gunbroker. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/918675816. I have no affiliation with either entity, but picked up 2 for myself and passing along as there are 9 left at the moment. If you order direct from the company this version is $40 (unsure on shipping/tax) and unsure on delivery timelines based on what I've read here and elsewhere. Thanks.

Yesterday I got my first good bonding going with my 3" 686+ at our annual three gun "Safe Queen" match. When I bought it I had the best intensions of shooting a bunch, but then primers=hens teeth and saved them for 9mm. But I had a few rounds and used it yesterday and it went pretty well.

Got the C&S rear sight (I plan for a Dawson front, once I settle on a load), previous owner plugged it, and I added the Apex hammer that comes with their springs and firing pin. Still pondering the grips, but these Altamonts are pretty good. Got the JMCK AIWB and like it, but I am probably at least five more pounds away from it working well.

Name:  686+ L.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  63.9 KB

Name:  686+ R.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  59.0 KB

Name:  IMG_20211209_150840~2.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  31.7 KB

Name:  IMG_20220201_190720~3.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  39.8 KB

So, I left a 4 inch model 65 at Fink's ( the Gunsite gunsmith) last revolver round up to have some stuff done. Its coming home on monday. Photos I was sent are great. It went from being a 4 inch SB to a three inch RB, sights, trigger work, barrel cut, and other stuff. Looking forward to shooting it and using it at this years round up as well.

Name:  IMG952296.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  31.0 KB
    Name:  IMG952297.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  31.3 KB
    Name:  IMG952299.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  25.7 KB
    Name:  IMG952300.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  20.0 KB
    Name:  IMG952301.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  28.5 KB
    Name:  IMG952298.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  29.4 KB
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Site Supporter
    Not too shabby…

User Tag List