Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: I love 3" Smith Revolvers

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I always thought that a six shot 10mm on a K or L frame would be the ultimate mid bore Smith revolver.
    Won't work with a steel cylinder, or so I'm told, which is why the 646s had Ti cylinders. (There are a few 646s out there that have been reamed to 10mm, though. We did at least one back when I was working at Randy's in K-Town.)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

We are diminished
    I'm glad I stopped teaching. I see all these new gun designs you guys are posting about and for the life of me I cannot even figure out where the magazine goes.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I'm glad I stopped teaching. I see all these new gun designs you guys are posting about and for the life of me I cannot even figure out where the magazine goes.
    Where it normally does...

Name:  Screen-Shot-2014-07-28-at-1.32.13-PM.jpg
Views: 1344
Size:  51.2 KB

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    Where it normally does...

Name:  Screen-Shot-2014-07-28-at-1.32.13-PM.jpg
Views: 1344
Size:  51.2 KB
    So do want!

Lord, forgive him, for he is smitten in the taste buds and knows not what he says...

I am sincerely hoping that someday you'll start teaching again. And when you do, I'm going to show up with a 3" Model 65 and we'll find out how FAST I can be with it (which isn't as fast as Miculek could be, that's for sure).

To wit - I own only one 3" Smith revolver a nice M65-3. But I've got a big list for when I get back to gun collecting (not for awhile, apparently). In the mean time, a stack of Colts, Rugers, and a couple of other Smiths is at least keeping it company.

-Rob

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Lord, forgive him, for he is smitten in the taste buds and knows not what he says...
    Oh, you eat them, not shoot them. I don't feel so bad, then.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I am sincerely hoping that someday you'll start teaching again. And when you do, I'm going to show up with a 3" Model 65 and we'll find out how FAST I can be with it (which isn't as fast as Miculek could be, that's for sure).
    Not to send this into a thread jack, but I've been toying with the idea of doing some kind of charity "try to win a FAST pin/coin" event. As long as you don't mind flying to wherever we do it...

Not to send this into a thread jack, but I've been toying with the idea of doing some kind of charity "try to win a FAST pin/coin" event. As long as you don't mind flying to wherever we do it...
    Dude, there's this guy in South Dakota who likes wheelguns who'd be easy to bait into that one. I'd even throw down money to get him to do it on video.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post

PC640 and PC13, from back in the Liebenberg/French Performance Center days...
    Sorry nyeti but it is Tam for the win with the PC13. As nice and I do mean nice as your 65 is, blued guns have soul. The only problem is I could not bare the thought of carrying it being afraid of messing up the finish with saddle wear. At this point in my life stainless is for working guns. Pristine blued guns are for fondling and drueling over.

You guys have my jealous/hate meter pegged to the max. And I am usually a easy going loving sort. Now I am going to go curl up in a corner somewhere, rock back and forth mumbling to myself and work out my issues.

Todd I always wanted to take one of your classes and try to talk you into allowing me to attempt to earn a place on your wall with a wheely. That I pretty sure that I can accomplish unless the pressure gets to me. A coin not so much unless you adjust the times for Revolvers.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Is the 3" round butt K frame the G19 of the revolver world.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I missed that -- guess I also generally dismiss revolvers with less than four inch barrels as also being g...... guns.
    Many feel the Glock 19 to be the best all around carry gun. I think an argument can be made that 3" round butt K frame sized revolver (of the S&W persuasion because I am a nerd/snob too) is the best all around carry revolver.

What do you guys think?
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

User Tag List