Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: I love 3" Smith Revolvers

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Here's a girlie gun, for you, GJM: An early no-dash flat latch Model 30...

Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Here's a girlie gun, for you, GJM: An early no-dash flat latch Model 30...

Now that is gorgeous and obviously a collector. Never heard of a model 30 -- ltell us about it.

I only have two collectors -- a pre 64 .375 owned by a missionary, with 50 odd notches representing each elephant taken, and a single digit Wilson Brig TAC.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Now that is gorgeous and obviously a collector. Never heard of a model 30 -- ltell us about it.
    It's what I said it was: A girlie gun. An Improved I-Frame .32 S&W Long. Nothing particularly special, but it's likely unfired, for what that's worth. (Prob'ly an extra $25.)

Okay, being we are doing "Girl guns". This was my wife's gun. She did not like guns or violence (opposites attract), but understood that with my job she should have a gun. She tried several things (Sig P225, Glock19), but she fell in love with this model 65 3" and shot it well. She wasn't into shooting but would go once every couple years until she got too sick. This was her gun and was in her nightstand till her death. It is now my 12 year old daughter's. She can check it's status, does dry practice and penny drills, and is going to start shooting steel matches with me after Volleyball season. It is a cherished gun in my home and it is the tool for my girls to protect themselves. Thanks to GJM she also has a 3953.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Nice. Very nice.

Last one for tonight. 3" 7 shot Performance Center 681 with Birdsong Black and Green T (which I am less than enthralled with).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

3" 686 6 shooter

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Last one for tonight. 3" 7 shot Performance Center 681 with Birdsong Black and Green T (which I am less than enthralled with).
    I like that! I don't usually admit to revolvers shorter than four inch, or smaller than .44/.45, but in my serious Smith revolver stage I got a bunch of them. I have a 3 inch 10mm, great trigger and NP3 finished. I always thought that a six shot 10mm on a K or L frame would be the ultimate mid bore Smith revolver. A buddy who was connected, and I tried to get Smith to produce that, but it didn't happen. Somehow an N frame 10mm is like buying a 5 series BMW 525 instead of a 535.

Not as unique as Tam's.
    3" 30-1

Here is one bin of my Smith revolver pile, all I think tweaked by Bowen:

My favorite pre Scandium lw .44:

And finally, the S&W revolver I owned with the best power to weight ratio:

User Tag List