Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: I love 3" Smith Revolvers

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    That really does sound intriguing. Spill the beans!
    Because great minds think alike.......picture your exact gun, but with the awesome fixed sights Heirloom Precision does on them. The HiTS Home Defense Revolver concept is essentially your NY-1.....simple, well built 3-4" .38 special medium frame gun tuned for pure reliability. We just went a little over the top on mine and Wayne's guns for the sights so we can do some solid long range work. We were working Wayne's Model 15 4" at 50 yards last week on a 6" plate. We want to be able to do the same thing with our NY-1's.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

As if waiting to see your and Wayne's revolvers wasn't hard enough. Actually as my eyes aged the only thing I would actually spend money improving on your basic 4" heavy barrel 38 K frame were more prominent sights. It's one of the main reasons I carry an old pencil nose at work even though I like the balance and looks of the heavy barrel better, that front sight is easier to see at speed. I have spent hours thinking about how I would go about it. Can't wait to see how yours comes out.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

^^^That. Sights and user age are the K-Fame's downfall. My curiousity about the HiTS NY-1 project is beyond piqued.

Plus, 3" RB. That's still on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    ....picture your exact gun, but with the awesome fixed sights Heirloom Precision does on them.
    As the saying goes: "I'll be in my bunk..."

OMG: I just went to their site to have a quick peek. [warning] Do not look at this page if, like me, you have a 3" model 65 that needs a bit of tuning anyways... mother of God...

http://www.heirloomprecision.com/revo

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    OMG: I just went to their site to have a quick peek. [warning] Do not look at this page if, like me, you have a 3" model 65 that needs a bit of tuning anyways... mother of God...

http://www.heirloomprecision.com/revo

The price will also give you a heart attack. Mine and Wayne's guns are sort of a one off "proof of concept" thing that Jason is doing for us. The reality is that Heirloom only does full house builds and not piecemeal work. Those 65's are works of art, but they are very expensive and done in the tradition that makes Heirloom what it is. Every crook and crevice of those guns are done to the hilt. They are awesome, but awesome costs money. So.....owning one is on my lottery winning list of things to buy, along with a bunch of stuff I can't afford from Hamilton Bowen. I literally have a Colt SAA frame sitting here waiting to be sent to Hamilton "some day".
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

The price will also give you a heart attack.
    Your warning comes too late. Fortunately, I recovered.

I agree, definitely not cheap. But as you point out, not really expensive either, considering what you get. I've shot enough guns (read: 1911s) stickering well into used Harley Sportster or used Rolex explorer territory to get that. I could consolidate down and send in the 65. The older I get, the less I need anything besides the G17, the G42 and a bunch of wheelies that I actually like. I will definitely await your report on the HiTS project with a lot of interest.

The price will also give you a heart attack.
    Of course after having to take deep breaths and put my head between my knees after viewing the pics on Heirloom's site. I come up and read DB's post above (nothing like waving a red cape in front of a bull there DB) and go and look at the price list. Which resulted with my head between my knees again. LOL

That foolishness aside I think I just found my retirement gun. Now only have to wait 11 years for my retirement. Of course that allows me to track down the perfect gun for the project.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

That is the point of "Heirloom Precision". They build working Heirloom's. The stuff you can both stake your life on, but built with the intent that your children and grandchildren can also stake theirs on a family treasure....which is both cool and expensive. The Rolex analogy is good. My mothers gold Presidential was passed to my wife when she died. She wore it till she died. My daughter will get it in 9 years and it will likely last her lifetime as well. It cost a lot of money. It is still worth a lot and will always be.

My mothers gold Presidential was passed to my wife when she died. She wore it till she died. My daughter will get it in 9 years and it will likely last her lifetime as well. It cost a lot of money. It is still worth a lot and will always be.
    That's an amazing thing, DB.

began life as square butt 4" s&w 64-5. Took it to Clark Custom Guns cut it to 3",dovetailed a Novak FO frontsite and regulated the rear sight channel,round butted it to take Eagle Secret Service stocks then bead blasted it. I am carrying it in a Milt Sparks summer special 2 at 1:30 by running my belt thru the front strap and tucking the rear strap behind the first belt loop on 511 cargos................looking forward to the Revolver Round up at Hits....cya retro
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

User Tag List