Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: I love 3" Smith Revolvers

I warned you guys about me ever learning how to post pictures.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I warned you guys about me ever learning how to post pictures.
    Photobucket can upload pics in bulk

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Photobucket can upload pics in bulk
    Don't tell him that. He's torturing us enough as it is. The 10-10 rocks. I seriously lust after the shrouded 3" Smiths.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Was a guy at the show today with a 2.5" 66, a pair of 3" 13s, a 3" 65, and a cherry 3" 10, and not a one of 'em was less than half a grand. There was a beautiful early 28-2 at another table with a $650 sticker, which is a hundred bucks more than I paid for that likely-unfired 27-2. I'm priced slap out of the Hand Ejector market.

I'm standing pat on my H.E. holdings and looking into undiscovered Smith country: Small-frame top-breaks and 3rd Gen autos.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Was a guy at the show today with a 2.5" 66, a pair of 3" 13s, a 3" 65, and a cherry 3" 10, and not a one of 'em was less than half a grand.
    I've been stalking GB for 3" K frames. They go for ridiculous amounts.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I'm standing pat on my H.E. holdings and looking into undiscovered Smith country: Small-frame top-breaks and 3rd Gen autos.
    The little 32 hand ejectors are still semi-sane aren't they?

I think a 3 1/4" one would make a dandy OMG and grouse shooter. Would be cheap and fun to shoot also.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I've been stalking GB for 3" K frames. They go for ridiculous amounts.
    I was looking for a 19 for a project. Then my smith said we should go L or N frame. So I started looking for a 25 in 45LC. DB recently talked me into a 28, but I'm having a hard time swallowing these prices. I thought having spent the better part of two decades looking for custom 1911's that I couldn't be sticker-shocked. But I'm once again very wrong

To quote Shootin' Buddy: "How much should S&W revolvers cost? $200!"

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Prewar .32 and .38 I-frames are probably the Final Frontier of cheap Hand Ejectors. Even garden-variety 4" 10s with carry wear are trading for three-and-a-half to four bills these days, it seems.
    (And lord help you if the barrel's pinned; they think that means it's a Registered Magnum...)

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post

I think a 3 1/4" one would make a dandy OMG and grouse shooter. Would be cheap and fun to shoot also.
    That sort of depends. The K frames are crazy expensive. Those that got them usually know what folks will pay. The J frames are a little better, I see the 30's and 31's listing for $450ish and either dropping to the $350 range or getting removed from the market. The I frames are all over the place. I've seen prices from $250 all the way up to $800 and not a lot of difference in quality. I'm not a fan of the top-breaks so I can't comment on those much.
    I'm still holding out for a 1905 Savage but that's a conversation for a different thread. :-)

User Tag List