Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oooooh, Barra (FN) Barracuda

Aim Surplus just had some MR73's.....sold out......I hate my slow interwebbing skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsgrid View Post
    Aim Surplus just had some MR73's.....sold out......I hate my slow interwebbing skills.
    They even had 3" MR73s. And yeah, they went faster than hell.

I must have a drink...

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    They even had 3" MR73s. And yeah, they went faster than hell.
    I also got there too late for those.

While I'll confess to not ever having even seen one in the flesh, I really don't understand all the moisture regarding the Manhurins. DB, what does it offer that a clean 3.5" M-27 doesn't???

Ditto the Korth. I HAVE fondled/shot a few of those… and again, I just don't see the allure over a pristine 40s-50s vintage Heavy Duty or Registered Magnum.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    While I'll confess to not ever having even seen one in the flesh, I really don't understand all the moisture regarding the Manhurins. DB, what does it offer that a clean 3.5" M-27 doesn't???

Ditto the Korth. I HAVE fondled/shot a few of those… and again, I just don't see the allure over a pristine 40s-50s vintage Heavy Duty or Registered Magnum.

I like weird guns and appreciate stuff for being a piece of history. My best friend spent a bunch of time with GIGN and always talked about how good they were with the MR73's, so I always kind of wanted one. Luckily, my logical side has done well and I am hoarding solid fighting revolvers. I have a 3.5" 27 and a 4" 28 in front of me watching TV right now. I also just bought a wonderful custom 3"681 and a 1950 Target 4" .44 Spl. So essentially, I get it. I was at Jackson Armory today and the barracuda is still there. If I had not just bought those other two guns, the 5" 27-2 would have come home with me instead of the Barracuda as much as I think it would be "neat" to have the Barracuda.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Okay, I get it now.

I'm the same way with old service autos. For instance, I would dearly love to have a Broomhandle.

I got to fondle a genuine Luger carbine the other day. It was complete, with the original fitted leather case and all accoutrements. I would tool up to load .30 Luger (or .30 Mauser for the C96) in a heartbeat for those, despite how much I despise fooling with bottleneck cases.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post

The Korth does nothing for me but the MR-73? A beautiful revolver and even more importantly it is built like a tank without looking like it is built like a tank. Now, if I had to choose between an MR-73 and a 3.5 inch Model 27, I'm not sure which I would take, but the word "both" comes to mind.

I'm just hoping that a lot more MR-73's get imported.

I must have a drink...
    I cried a little (a lot).

Oh well, better excuse for me to go to France and bring one back (or two...they have the Target model in .32 S&W Long over there...).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    The Korth does nothing for me but the MR-73? A beautiful revolver and even more importantly it is built like a tank without looking like it is built like a tank. Now, if I had to choose between an MR-73 and a 3.5 inch Model 27, I'm not sure which I would take, but the word "both" comes to mind.

I'm just hoping that a lot more MR-73's get imported.
    Okay, that is just crazy talk............some French revolver over Gen. George S. Patton's "Killing Gun"...no way. Do I want a Manurhin "just because", yes. Would I ever get rid of any of my 3.5" .357 Magnums for one...not a fricking chance.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List