Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oooooh, Barra (FN) Barracuda

Oooooh, Barra (FN) Barracuda

Never seen or heard of the FN Barracuda before. But I want it. Won't - can't - mustn't get it. But I want it.

Name:  barracuda.jpg
Views: 1598
Size:  93.0 KB

Name:  Barracuda2.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  99.6 KB

Didn't those come with a convertible/second cylinder so that you could switch to 9mm? Does this one have it? If so, I'd be jumping all over it.

Best, Jon

I don't think it comes with the box or any accessories. I didn't see a spare cylinder mentioned on the website.

Trust me, my fingerprints are all over that gun. I have had to talk myself down off the ledge on 3 or four occasions on that gun. If it was a Manurhin, it would have been gone already. I want it bad.......just to have one, and am really trying to justify it. It is also sharing a case with a 3" 629 that is also killing me. I am picking up a 6.5" 29-2 there this week........and testing my will. The guys at the shop are always happy to take in FFL transfers for me.........because I tend to also impulse buy while I am there.

If you are ever in Dallas..........go to Jackson Armory, and bring a credit card with some room.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Trust me, my fingerprints are all over that gun. I have had to talk myself down off the ledge on 3 or four occasions on that gun. If it was a Manurhin, it would have been gone already. I want it bad.......just to have one, and am really trying to justify it. It is also sharing a case with a 3" 629 that is also killing me. I am picking up a 6.5" 29-2 there this week........and testing my will. The guys at the shop are always happy to take in FFL transfers for me.........because I tend to also impulse buy while I am there.

If you are ever in Dallas..........go to Jackson Armory, and bring a credit card with some room.
    That raises a good point. Since the French stopped using them, why aren't more Manurhin's coming to the US? I've wanted one for decades.

Last time I went to Jackson Armory I walked out with a cherry Auto-5 so I feel your pain and had to limit my visits for just that reason...and because a Significant Life Event is getting set to drain my pocketbook and seriously affect my sleeping patterns in about three months I'm going to have to pass on picking up "Just One More, Honey, I Swear" for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    Last time I went to Jackson Armory I walked out with a cherry Auto-5 so I feel your pain and had to limit my visits for just that reason...and because a Significant Life Event is getting set to drain my pocketbook and seriously affect my sleeping patterns in about three months I'm going to have to pass on picking up "Just One More, Honey, I Swear" for a few years.
    Stuff like the Barracuda are in my "It would be neat to have" file. I tend to do pretty good with the guys at Jackson Armory as far as trade ins of easier to sell stuff for weird stuff. That Barracuda may be mine yet....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

I had one... It is essentially an Astra Revolver from Spain.

I broke it. (Shattered the hammer) Bought an Astra Hammer, replaced it and then sold the pc.
    It was a nice gun, but, ultimately, I didn't trust it...

Now... The Manurhin... That's a helluva revo!

For a change, I was smart to not impulse buy. The money I would have dropped ended up going to a 3" shrouded barreled model 65 from the S&W custom shop that is one of the coolest revolvers I have ever owned, and something that will actually get carried because I trust it.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    For a change, I was smart to not impulse buy. The money I would have dropped ended up going to a 3" shrouded barreled model 65 from the S&W custom shop that is one of the coolest revolvers I have ever owned, and something that will actually get carried because I trust it.
    +1

3" 38 is "teh win"!

User Tag List