Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Oooooh, Barra (FN) Barracuda

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Okay, that is just crazy talk............some French revolver over Gen. George S. Patton's "Killing Gun"...no way. Do I want a Manurhin "just because", yes. Would I ever get rid of any of my 3.5" .357 Magnums for one...not a fricking chance.
    Note: I said a model 27 would be a tossup--not a Registered Magnum. Now, of course, there is this whole "French" thing, which obviously takes away from the MR-73, but I take solace that Manhurin was actually located in Alsace, not French, France (yeah, it's kind of grasping at straws, but I'll take what I can get). And, as much as I like Smith's, what S&W can fire over 150, full-house, 158 grain rounds per day for year after year (even if that means only around 200 days a year because of all the French holidays and vacation days)? Some folks say that in their opinion the MR-73 was the best combat revolver ever made.

So yeah--M 27 or MR-73 is a toss up for me, with "both" the preferred answer and "neither" the present, and probably continuing, reality.

So what you guys are saying is that because I missed out on the Manurhin's, I should just grab the 5" 27-2 as sort of a next best thing...
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Nope. You ought to buy that 5" 27-2 because its a 5" 27-2. Even if you don't shoot it, it'll be like buying Microsoft stock in 1990.

You guys will notice it takes very minimal enabling with me. I have always considered the 3.5" Model 27 to be the best looking most serious bad ass revolver made.......while the 5" is the classy version of same. In my demented mind, the 27's should be in 3.5 or 5" while the Highway Patrolman (model 28) should be in 4" or 6". Doesn't have to make sense, and I figure only Tam will get it......
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

I'm thinking that a 3.5" Model 28 with some holster wear might get your attention too.

Come to think of it, are there any mediocre N frames at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Nope. You ought to buy that 5" 27-2 because its a 5" 27-2. Even if you don't shoot it, it'll be like buying Microsoft stock in 1990.
    Well I passed on the 5" 27 as it had a few things that I was concerned with......and there was something else there I may want more..:-).

Still had a great day picking up some very cool guns and my 3" Model 10 will be home from Robar tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    … and again, I just don't see the allure over a pristine 40s-50s vintage Heavy Duty or Registered Magnum.
    Blasphemy! I just threw up in my mouth.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Well I passed on the 5" 27 as it had a few things that I was concerned with......and there was something else there I may want more..:-).

Still had a great day picking up some very cool guns and my 3" Model 10 will be home from Robar tomorrow.
    Looking forward to seeing that Model 10 as I picked one up as well.

Ask and you shall receive....it is wicked nice!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    I'm thinking that a 3.5" Model 28 with some holster wear might get your attention too.

Come to think of it, are there any mediocre N frames at all?
    None. I was watching an Alvin White engraved Model 28 on Gunbroker and almost convinced myself I had to have it, but couldn't pull the trigger when it hit $3000. How many engraved M28’s could there be?
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

User Tag List