Thread: Dusted off the CED-6000

Dusted off the CED-6000

My CED-7000 has stopped charging and apparently needs the battery replaced. I remember this when I was packing to go to the range. I dug into the bottom of my shooting bag and dusted off my CED-6000 that is close to 20 years old. I replaced the battery and it still worked fine. Verified that the sensitivity is still set correctly and now I'm off to the range.

I wish they still made the 6000. With improvements in electronic manufacturing is would be under $100 and it is super intuitive to use. If it's not going to interface with a PC or smart phone, a shot timer should be this simple.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Me too, I shoot with someone that owns a 6000 and they've had it for decades without issues as well. I went with a Shotmaxx over the 7000 recently solely due to their bad reputation for durability.

It's apparently too much to ask in this day and age for a metal box with a microphone to record loud noises while still being water and heat resistant
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    It's apparently too much to ask in this day and age for a metal box with a microphone to record loud noises while still being water and heat resistant
    Yet we can land a friggin' robot on a friggin' comet in friggin' outer space.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Interesting observation from yesterday. I was shooting a plate rack with a 15/22 and I was picking up a second shot at exactly and consistently .07. It took me a moment to realize that the timer was picking up the fall of the plate. May need to dial that sensitivity back a little bit.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

User Tag List