Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Difference between Corbon DPX and Barnes XPB?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I'd trust ammo from Asym as well, near as I can tell the QC there is rather top notch
    the 223rem I shot was good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by LOBO View Post
    Who else loads the .38 special with the 110 gr DPX?
    BB and maybe DT BTW I don't recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    BB and maybe DT BTW I don't recommend them.
    What's the problem with the 110 dpx in 38 spcl? I'm wondering because I bought my mom the 135 +p gold dots, and I have read they have problems expanding in cooler weather. So I was going to get her some dpx loads for winter.

I think I may have miss read what you posted. Is it that you don't recommend BB or dt? Or is it that you have a problem with the 110 dpx in 38 spcl? Any info is appreciated.
    Last edited by jstone; 11-28-2014 at 04:10 AM.

BB and DT don't have the greatest reputation for good QC and consistent pressures...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    BB and DT don't have the greatest reputation for good QC and consistent pressures...
    Thanks for the response.

Do you think it would be a good idea to switch out the 135 GD in colder weather? My mom can not operate the slide of any semi automatic pistol so I got her a 642, and some gold dots. I have read about the 135 GD not expanding in cooler weather. Should I be worried about this at all? My other option was to find a small revolver chambered in 9mm, like the LCR 9mm. What would you recommend changing the ammunition, keeping the 135 GD, or going with the 9mm revolver?

If you have concerns about that, why not use target wadcutters? Less recoil and you don't have to worry about expansion...

Yup...Corbon simply loads the Barnes bullets. For ammo intended for serious defensive use I try to stick with vendors with USG contracts and known QC processes in place.
    So Corbon is good to go or...

If you have concerns about that, why not use target wadcutters? Less recoil and you don't have to worry about expansion...
    Thanks I'm not sure if what is said about the GD is true, but I believe one of the articles I read was from you. So I thought it might be a good idea to switch. If wad cutters are a good option I will pick some up, I have never considered something that didn't expand. Thanks for the info. The wadcutters are probably cheaper.

I don't switch either, but I carry a 45 acp or 9mm. I just recently read about the GD's failure to expand in cooler weather, so I thought it might be a good idea to change to something different.

User Tag List