Page 75 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the AUG.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by p2000cool View Post
    After reading through the threads it sounds like the regular aug is preferred over the nato version. Living in mag restricted state and having standard ar mags already, Besides no bolt release and left hand capability is their any other gotchas or reliability issues with the nato version?
    People here have reported that the nato stock can have a worse trigger pull and isn’t compatible with certain trigger mods.

What's the consensus on leaving the AUG waffle mags loaded for extended periods of time? Do they need to be downloaded at all? Any concerns about feed lip distortion or cracking?

AUG Upgrade Trigger Pack

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    What's the consensus on leaving the AUG waffle mags loaded for extended periods of time? Do they need to be downloaded at all? Any concerns about feed lip distortion or cracking?
    This problem would be known by now if it were real. Known good mags.
    #RESIST

For anyone on the fence, black AUG for $1499 (with 3 free mags when you add to cart!) which is the lowest i've seen them
    https://www.bereli.com/steyr-arms-au...extended-rail/

Bereli is who I used for mine - they were good to work with, and a great price.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

This thread is expensive!

Is there a mod so my left hand wife can shoot the Aug in right hand config without getting a face full of gas?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

Is there a mod so my left hand wife can shoot the Aug in right hand config without getting a face full of gas?
    You will need to purchase a left handed bolt with swap out the old one. You will need to move the left ejection port cover to the right and that's it. No additional parts needed.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

At these prices you can buy your wife her own AUG and just configure it for left handed use like @Paul D said.

The idea, in a post brace world, is a compact long gun, legal for cross state travel without paperwork, that can ride in the Sprinter. The AUG is very handy in a confined area, held with one hand, due to its weight distribution. Having to store a left and right hand one, and identifying each, is a deal breaker in a relatively small van. Darryl thought it could be fired left handed in a pinch without issue. Guess I will have to test it out.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List