Page 60 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the AUG.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Any advice on where to get the suppressor gas plug.
    Can't find any online, and emailed Styer without a response.

Thanks
    Watch this place, and move fast when in stock. It’s where I got mine.

https://v1tactical.com/product/steyr...ressed-firing/
    #RESIST

I want a low profile, clip on, belt mounted AUG mag carrier.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I want a low profile, clip on, belt mounted AUG mag carrier.
    Me too, but so far this is the best I’ve been able to find:

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/pro...azine-carrier/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

"So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Any advice on where to get the suppressor gas plug.
    Can't find any online, and emailed Styer without a response.

Thanks
    Can't you get one from Steyr's web site? That's where I ordered mine from a year or two ago? Otherwise I'd ping Pete Athens (pjs-steyraug.com) and see what he has or if he's out, when he's expecting to get another shipment in?

FWIW, one of the reasons I bought an M4-2000 when AAC was still around, was because it was (at the time) one of the lower backpressure 5.56 cans out there...and it had muzzle devices in the AUG's native pitch. It was still a bit much for my AUG though; it would kick cases almost straight forward out. I got the suppressor plug and it really calmed it down a lot. In fact I pretty much just leave it on the suppressor setting...lower powered .223 ammo might struggle with it a bit (think cheapo Wolf, Tula, etc), but full freight 5.56/M193/M855 and similar should be able to run just fine...at least, mine seems to.

I have a 16" AUG M3 (black, early one by Sabre) and an extra 20" barrel I picked up from Pete, both have the original metric threading. I'd love to get my hands on a new made 14" Commando barrel in 1/7 with 1/2x28 threading...I need to pester Pete again to see about another run

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    Can't you get one from Steyr's web site? That's where I ordered mine from a year or two ago? Otherwise I'd ping Pete Athens (pjs-steyraug.com) and see what he has or if he's out, when he's expecting to get another shipment in?
    I have been checking their website rather routinely and it's always been out of stock. Haven't checked today yet though. I've sent their General company information email a request and haven't heard anything back. Thanks for the specific contact info. I'll give him a shout.

Yeah, Pete is kind of The Man(tm) when it comes to Steyr AUGs in the US - for a very long time he was basically the sole source of AUG parts and spares; if you wanted anything AUG related, he was the only guy to talk to unless you had the pockets and contacts to import stuff yourself. IIRC he was heavily involved in one of the two knock-off AUG projects (Can't remember if it was MSAR or the other one, I think it was MSAR), and then when Steyr decided to start making their own he went there to help get that going.

Basically, if you want something for an AUG that isn't on Steyr's web site, pinging him is a good first Plan B step...

Edit - that's also why his web site is straight out of the 1990s - why change, when you don't have to

I’ve successfully avoided this thread all these years. I almost bought an AUG just before the ‘94 ban, but never followed through.

Can anyone tell me the definitive differences between the NATO version that takes AR mags and the originals? I’m considering a 16” long rail version. Someone mentioned that the AR magazine versions do not have LRBHO, and also there were trigger pack differences that may affect accessories?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Ok, I did some Googling and figured out the differences for myself. It sounds like the original version is the way to go.

Decisions, decisions…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    It sounds like the original version is the way to go.
    It is, all the things you can do to make the trigger better will not work on the Nato version, sent mine down the road.

User Tag List