Page 55 of 89 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the AUG.

Bud's has them for about $1,750-1,850
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

What's a good sight height for an AUG A3 M1? I like the Unity Tactical FAST on my AR and its a 2.26" height, would that be too tall for the AUG?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    What's a good sight height for an AUG A3 M1? I like the Unity Tactical FAST on my AR and its a 2.26" height, would that be too tall for the AUG?
    Likely. Most variants HK height gets you stand 1.54 co-witness. So a 1.93 or 2.04 mount should approximate your AR set up.

You have to consider the AUG’s rail adds a bit of rise from the stock as it is. My A3’s rail is roughly 5/8” above the cheek rest as it is, I believe the A3 M1 is available with different height and length rails.

A standard AR-height PRO has worked great for me so far. I get a bit more heads-up than on an AR but not so much it feels unnatural. YMMV of course.

Thanks, I've got a spare Aimpoint PRO in the factory mount. I'll try that out before moving my FAST off the AR. I'm about 90% of the way to convincing my wife we need to add an AUG to the safe while they're still relatively available.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Now if we could only convince DB to teach that AUG class...
    PF would pay everyone’s range fees if it was taught near NoVA.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    PF would pay everyone’s range fees if it was taught near NoVA.
    Music to my ears! Thanks! I would’ve tagged him but can not recall what his screen name is these days. Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    Thanks, I've got a spare Aimpoint PRO in the factory mount. I'll try that out before moving my FAST off the AR. I'm about 90% of the way to convincing my wife we need to add an AUG to the safe while they're still relatively available.
    I’m not sure a FAST wouldn’t be too high. I use an HK height ADM mount like @HCM mentioned and it’s perfect for me. Of course it’s my belief most folks using a FAST are doing so because of social media influencers and not a real need.
    Last edited by El Cid; 03-26-2022 at 05:24 PM.

Can someone school me on the difference between models using the original AUG magazines and those that take NATO mags?
    Does the magazine release work the same for both, or does the NATO version require a push button release, or something?
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Can someone school me on the difference between models using the original AUG magazines and those that take NATO mags?
    Does the magazine release work the same for both, or does the NATO version require a push button release, or something?
    Edit: found DB's quote: "I have found the original AUG magazines in both their 30 and 42 round variants to be some of the toughest and most reliable magazines I have ever used, so this is an option that does not matter to me, but is great for those with better access to M16 magazines."
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List