Page 53 of 88 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the AUG.

Have any of you AUG owners experienced any AUG PMAG issues? I've read on a Brownell's review and a couple of other places that the PMAGs were quite a tight fit. I like the idea of being able to get 3-5 more magazines for the same-ish price depending on where they are purchased, but not at the expense of function.

Looks like the 300BLK AUG is a near.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-from-austria/

I do hope the 300BLK AUG is an option for both the original and NATO stock versions as I'd prefer to stick with the Steyr magazines. While I'd love an AUG in 6.8SPC, 300BLK works well too.

Nice. I had about given up on it, but it’s only been around two years since they last gave us a peek. That’s last week in Steyr Time.

I’m not on the 300BLK bandwagon, but as I look more and more likely to wed myself to the AUG, any caliber option is a huge option.

Wow!

Very informative (and enlightening) thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I just read this entire thread, bookmarking any relevant info/links/articles/sources.

You guys just cost me a bunch of money. Well, maybe not a lot of money, but there are several safe queens who's days are now numbered, as I try to Marie Kondo my gun-life down to just Austrian Plastic Fantastic.

Stand by for numerous follow on questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen View Post
    Have any of you AUG owners experienced any AUG PMAG issues? I've read on a Brownell's review and a couple of other places that the PMAGs were quite a tight fit. I like the idea of being able to get 3-5 more magazines for the same-ish price depending on where they are purchased, but not at the expense of function.
    Yep.
    I called Magpul and they exchanged mine for the newest ones.
    They work fine and don’t have to be seated with a rubber mallet.
    Shumba

Site Supporter
    Green A3 M1 3x optic version on it's way to me!

First question, which I'm sure I'll have to experiment once I have the gun in hand: What is the best method for running the charging handle left handed?

Planned immediate stuff:
    1. Swap the bolt for a lefty bolt
    2. shoot the gun
    3. Install Giles sling
    4. Learn to shoot the gun
    5. Install Streamlight TLR-1
    6. Shoot, shoot, shoot

Possible future mods:
    1. Corvus brass deflector
    2. Steyr suppressor gas plug
    3. AAC Blackout 51-tooth (for my M42000)
    4. T2 or MRDS added to optic top-rail
    5. Corvus mag release

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    First question, which I'm sure I'll have to experiment once I have the gun in hand: What is the best method for running the charging handle left handed?
    I’m a righty but I’m thinking if you install a larger charging handle, tilting the rifle to the left and running your right hand under might work best. I just tried it with a Manticore Switchback and it seemed pretty smooth.

@Dagga Boy any possibility of an AUG class in 2020?
    Last edited by El Cid; 09-26-2019 at 09:31 PM.

I may be working at a new place that can host this, so hopefully, yes.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List