Page 41 of 89 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the AUG.

Site Supporter
    I have a Surefire mounted on the side mount on my AUG. Workable but not ideal. That PuP light looks sweet. Thanks for the link Tom. I just ordered two. Because , you know. Now I have to get a laser. Because, it a friggining LASER!
    Last edited by Poconnor; 02-06-2018 at 07:17 AM.

Whats so neat about the PupLight is that it's the invention of some random machinist who happened to need a light mount for his personal AUG - and he comes up with the very best light mount ever produced for a 40 year old platform. As far as I can tell, this is his first and only firearm product, making it all the more impressive that he cracked to code on mounting a light to the AUG and not someone in the military or firearms field.

As an inventor and small business owner myself, I love those kind of stories

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I got a PuP Light mount and used it to mount a Malkoff M61 MD2 to my AUG. The mount, and the Malkoff light, are perfect for this. Thank you @spyderco monkey for bringing this to our attention.
    Since the pup light mounts to the gas block, is there any issue with heat from the gas block when used with a heavier firing schedule ?

Site Supporter
    So I’m looking at a locally availible AUG A3 M1 with the 1.5x Styer optic.

Anything I should be aware of ?

How difficult is it to replace the optic with a rail ?

Are there issues with rail height on the M1 vs the standard A3 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I got a PuP Light mount and used it to mount a Malkoff M61 MD2 to my AUG. The mount, and the Malkoff light, are perfect for this. Thank you @spyderco monkey for bringing this to our attention.
    Awesome, glad to be able to contribute, as I've learned a lot in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So I’m looking at a locally availible AUG A3 M1 with the 1.5x Styer optic.

Anything I should be aware of ?

How difficult is it to replace the optic with a rail ?

Are there issues with rail height on the M1 vs the standard A3 ?

Since the pup light mounts to the gas block, is there any issue with heat from the gas block when used with a heavier firing schedule ?
    Mine was originally a 1.5x AUG. Loved the optic, but really couldn't hang with the reticle - if there was a 2moa dot in the center of the "Donut of Death" I would have kept it; ended up replacing it with the Trijicon 1.5x which has a donut with internal dot.

Removing the optic is easy. You remove the barrel, pop off the receiver, flip it over, and you will see 2-3 big screws. You unscrew them with an allen wrench, and you are GTG.

The new rails are A3 height, which ~ correlates to the height over bore of an AR15.

For rails, I really like the Corvus. It has 2 integral sling swivels for better sling placement, an integral groove for low mounting an ACOG, and it's made in Austria. Shipping is fast, less then 10 days.
    http://corvusdefensio.com/en/shop/co...receiver-rail/

PJ has worked with Steyr and released a similar rail, though it lacks the sling swivels and ACOG groove:
    http://steyrarms.com/accessories/aug/extended-rail.html

The Puplight gets warm, but firing 200rds in 20 minutes with mine there was no ill effects.
    Last edited by spyderco monkey; 02-10-2018 at 07:37 PM.

Site Supporter
    Anybody mount a scope to their AUG? I have an aimpoint T1 with an ADM hk height mount on mine. I would like to see photos of an AUG with 3-9x scope or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Anybody mount a scope to their AUG? I have an aimpoint T1 with an ADM hk height mount on mine. I would like to see photos of an AUG with 3-9x scope or something similar.
    Here's one with a A3 rail (same height as the new extended M1 rails) with what looks to be a 1-4/1-6x optic.

I'm planning on setting up my 2nd AUG similarly, likely with a 1-4x TRG24 or 1-6x Khales K6i.

So if a feller was shopping for an AUG these days, which variant/rail configuration should he look for? I’m seeing short/Long and high/low and it doesn’t look like the stock photos always match the SKU so it would seem a real good understanding of what one is ordering is important.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    So if a feller was shopping for an AUG these days, which variant/rail configuration should he look for? I’m seeing short/Long and high/low and it doesn’t look like the stock photos always match the SKU so it would seem a real good understanding of what one is ordering is important.
    It all depends on what you wabt to do with it. Stick with stock optic? RDS? Variable optic? Light, laser, miscellaneous? Takes AR mags or just AUG mags?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

User Tag List