Page 39 of 89 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the AUG.

A slight necropost, but I am picking up my 40th Anniversary model tomorrow. I'm at the range Thursday and Friday, so I look forward to wringing it out.

So I pick it up today and rack the action. It gets back about 80% of the way and locks up. I can't move the charging handle the last 1/8" to be able to lock it back. I can exert pressure on the bolt through the ejection port with a tool and get some give, but have not been able to get it all the way back yet. The charging handle will move forward independent of the charging assembly. The magazine insertion also requires me to give it a hard smack on the base to seat completely. These were not problems with my previous AUG.

I can get it to a gunsmith on Friday. Anyone got any ideas as to what I can do previous to that? Thanks in advance.

What happens if you cycle it after removing the trigger pack?
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

I would send it back to the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by K.O.A.M. View Post
    The magazine insertion also requires me to give it a hard smack on the base to seat completely. These were not problems with my previous AUG.
    That is a big problem. If you do that with rounds in the mag when the bolt is back you will pop the first round into the magazine. Then when you release the bolt it will strip a round from the magazine causing a doublefeed.

Update. After a few repetitions, the magazine insertion is now that of a typical AUG and no longer requires the smack to seat. I brought the rifle to my gunsmith who took it apart and saw that the bolt carrier/guide rod assembly had been improperly installed. It was slightly damaged when I attempted to rack the rifle. He's got it working, but there was minor damage to the guide rods on the carrier assembly. I have an email into Steyr to let them know what happened.

Any word on Geissele's trigger pack for the AUG? I would love one but the trigger is awful

The stock AUG trigger of the made in America guns is much better than the triggers of the pre-ban semiauto versions. For those you needed to buy a Trigger Tamer (http://www.triggertamer.com/).

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    Any word on Geissele's trigger pack for the AUG? I would love one but the trigger is awful
    No idea, but this might be worth checking out: https://ratworxusa.com/product.20-tsm-auga3

Or if you just want to take the plastic-y grittiness out of the pull take a strip of a beer can and wrap it around the sear. Worked for me, plus a prerequisite for going this route is drinking beer which is great.

Also I don't think the trigger you're talking about will be marketed by Geiselle. It's made by Corvus Defensio and is an adapter that allows use of standard AR triggers (default being ALG ACT) in the AUG trigger housing assembly. Ratworx had something similar (http://emptormaven.com/2012/02/rat-w...t-aug-trigger/) but it doesn't look to be available anymore.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Outfitted the AUG with the Corvus Defensio QD sling attach. Works well with the Magpul sling, but is a fairly tight fit
    compared to the original. Guess it isn't neceassary to pull the trigger group out fast.

Last edited by overton; 07-23-2017 at 09:32 AM.

User Tag List