Page 23 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the AUG.

Well I think it looks great. I may do the same to mine.

Supposedly, there will be importation of the F90 coming, with hopeful projections at around SHOT 2017.

Source: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ifle-nra-2016/

Talked to a AUG SME yesterday and we are both of the same thoughts....no thanks.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Supposedly, there will be importation of the F90 coming, with hopeful projections at around SHOT 2017.

Source: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ifle-nra-2016/
    I don't know why, but I'm lusting after one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    I don't know why, but I'm lusting after one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I don't know why you are either.

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Talked to a AUG SME yesterday and we are both of the same thoughts....no thanks.
    You don't like the aesthetics, or there's a functional issue or some other knowledge causing your dislike?

The Australians bought the original AUGs, but wanted to do the gun themselves. They had problems not seen in the Austrian guns. Same with every company who has tried making their own AUG's...most are problem children.

I don't see a thing you are gaining over the Austrian guns by buying one from a place who has had less than stellar luck with them, cannot sell them to their own people, but want you to buy them. Now if somebody wants to be the test run on these, great. I ll stick with the well proven gun that has had its development and improvements based on what is working and field proven. Some guns just don't take well to duplication, this is one of them.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    The Australians bought the original AUGs, but wanted to do the gun themselves. They had problems not seen in the Austrian guns. Same with every company who has tried making their own AUG's...most are problem children.

I don't see a thing you are gaining over the Austrian guns by buying one from a place who has had less than stellar luck with them, cannot sell them to their own people, but want you to buy them. Now if somebody wants to be the test run on these, great. I ll stick with the well proven gun that has had its development and improvements based on what is working and field proven. Some guns just don't take well to duplication, this is one of them.
    The initial problems Australia had was because they decided to use a cheaper polymer than what Steyr used. This was corrected fairly early on though.

I like the idea of the F90 (lighter weight, shorter LoP, smoother cycling) but i hate the implementation. It's another example of modern firearms designers being all about function with no consideration to form. I am going to pick up some of the Magpul AUG mags when they become available later this year...

Maybe a stupid question...but why not the X95 instead? Is this like the 1911 where it's all about sentimentality, or does the AUG offer something I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Maybe a stupid question...but why not the X95 instead? Is this like the 1911 where it's all about sentimentality, or does the AUG offer something I'm missing?
    I am not "against" the Israeli bullpups. They are like many things in that I am not seeing any personal gain from moving to them over what I am invested in. Kind of like when the M&P came out. No reason to switch off the Glock at the time. I am simply not seeing any benefit from the Israeli guns over the AUG, and the things that are supposed pluses are the things I just switch to an AR for. I run my AUG's as simple as possible...red dot, sling, light and that is it, and generally use them in the pistol environment. Learning a new gun for me is not worth it. Otherwise, I also really like the ergonomics of the AUG personally. Others may like the Israeli guns, and I am pretty agnostic on it as I have not heard any real horror stories about the Israeli guns.

User Tag List