Page 13 of 89 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the AUG.

I just watched the video that John linked. The guy in the video stated that the AUG was NOT 5.56mm chambered, but 223 chambered. That was why he was using Wolf 62 gr 223 test ammunition.

But I went to the Styer USA website and it lists the AUG A3 as being 5.56mm chambered. Can any AUG owners verify that the gun is in fact chambered in 5.56?

Nyeti covered that in this post, seems it works just fine.

Thanks for the clarification.

I had a hard time believing it wasn't chambered in 5.56.

I need to find an AUG A3 to handle along side of a Tavor.

Or I need to stay away from the internet. The more I read posts on the AUG from guys with experience with them, the more dangerous it becomes for my wallet.

Unfortunately for my wallet I'm considering adding an A3 to augment my A1. At least I won't have to buy magazines!
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    At least I won't have to buy magazines!
    Now you're just showing off.

Site Supporter
    No, because I already have : magazines, ammo, holster etc is a perfect "reason" to buy a gun ....

For example, I have two boxes of 10mm ammo left over from the Colt Delta Elite I foolishly sold two decades ago so obviously I "need" a Gen 4 Glock 20.......

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    No, because I already have : magazines, ammo, holster etc is a perfect "reason" to buy a gun ....

For example, I have two boxes of 10mm ammo left over from the Colt Delta Elite I foolishly sold two decades ago so obviously I "need" a Gen 4 Glock 20.......
    Glad to see I am not the only one...;-). I am the guy who bought a 5.5" Colt SAA because I had a very rare holster for it.....it was on the list of must owns, the holster just helped on the which one selection.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    1) Just have to know how to do it, and it isn't a function you use a ton. If it is an issue, multiple very good after-market solutions.
    Could you please elaborate on proper technique? I had the same concern about tearing up my hand on the rail.

Quote Originally Posted by irascible_joe View Post
    Could you please elaborate on proper technique? I had the same concern about tearing up my hand on the rail.
    Always manipulate the charging handle with palm up. Don't mount any overly wide optics/mounts that protrude too much on the left side. I admit that locking the bolt via CH is a little challenging at times, but I am running at 99% rate of success. After running the rifle in a two day class, I developed a small callus at the tip of my left pinky finger. I suspect the CH was at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by irascible_joe View Post
    A couple of ways. The Australians teach thumb and forefinger palm down. The Austrians teach palm up with the pinky and ring finger with upward pressure from the upturned palm to help lock. I use the Austrian method. Manticore and some others make extended charging handles that have gotten rave reviews. If I was really running a high round count schedule again, and working daily, operationally with an AUG, this would likely be an option.

Mounts for optics and accesories is critical to make sure they work, and rubberized rail covers for the exposed areas also help.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List