Page 1 of 88 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the AUG.

Let's talk about the AUG.

I really like this gun.

I had an MSAR STG a while back and it was great. Especially when ambushing coyotes and other animals from a truck.

The compactness, balance and capacity are fantastic.

I'm about to buy an actual AUG, and think it would be awesome to have a good thread on the rifle.

What does this gun do good? What are its weaknesses?

How about accessory recommendations? I liked the integral optic on my MSAR, an am planning to buy my AUG with the 3x integral scope, although I'm certainly open to other options.

What about mounting a light?
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Check out Nyeti's take here!

There are a couple articles he wrote about the AUG a page or two after the post I linked above.

BOM, I'm seriously considering one myself. Looking forward to this thread developing.

From my admittedly limited research so far, looks like buying from that Pete Athens fellow is the best way to go for a NIB rifle. If I do decide to get one, it will be the plain vanilla version with a short rail up top; after trying lots of options, I have found that the H-1 suits my needs and tastes for an optic better than anything I've tried so far.

Stand by, when I get some time today I will start typing....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Stand by, when I get some time today I will start typing....
    Awesome.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Pete Athens has the same version for about $120 less.

Begin at the link. It will pretty much explain how I got to where I am. The article was written right when Sabre began doing the AUG's in the U.S. They are no longer. I will update with where I am today with "Black Betty", my current home and defensive rifle.

http://hardwiredtacticalshooting.com...iginal-article
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Pete Athens has the same version for about $120 less.

Just throwing options out there. His site shows 1 in stock. Thanks for the heads up though.

Anytime you use Pete at PJ's as your buying choice for anything AUG related, I would HIGHLY recommend it.

User Tag List