Page 40 of 89 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the AUG.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    No idea, but this might be worth checking out: https://ratworxusa.com/product.20-tsm-auga3

Or if you just want to take the plastic-y grittiness out of the pull take a strip of a beer can and wrap it around the sear. Worked for me, plus a prerequisite for going this route is drinking beer which is great.

Also I don't think the trigger you're talking about will be marketed by Geiselle. It's made by Corvus Defensio and is an adapter that allows use of standard AR triggers (default being ALG ACT) in the AUG trigger housing assembly. Ratworx had something similar (http://emptormaven.com/2012/02/rat-w...t-aug-trigger/) but it doesn't look to be available anymore.
    I was under the impression they were actually working on a trigger like they did the tavor

Has anyone had any success running an AUG supressed?

Looking at the aimpoint T2's and mounts.

Does the low bobro mount look too low? I'm thinking of getting the absolute co-witness ones.

http://www.mountsplus.com/mm5/graphi...-6_550x250.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by QuickStrike View Post
    Looking at the aimpoint T2's and mounts.

Does the low bobro mount look too low? I'm thinking of getting the absolute co-witness ones.

http://www.mountsplus.com/mm5/graphi...-6_550x250.jpg
    Depends on the rail height. The A3's use an HK height mount. The M1's can be a bit tough depending on rail height.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Mine had the short rail before I swapped it for a longer one:

The longer one is a little higher.

Site Supporter
    Special thanks to DB for his insights. Went a little overboard. Aimpoint T2, Larue HK mount, Troy HK BUIS, Corvus Defense Deflector and Mag Release. Also thanks to Steyr for LE pricing.
    Name:  IMG_1500.jpg
Views: 1309
Size:  66.8 KB
    Last edited by Hideeho; 10-10-2017 at 07:43 PM.

Cool

Been following this thread for quite awhile.

Figured I'd share my "modernized" AUG:
    -PupLight flashlight mount with Surefire P2X Furry 600lm LED
    -Corvus rail, shell deflector, and extended magazine release
    -ACOG 1.5X direct mounted to Corvus rail
    -Crimson Trace CMR-206 Green Laser on receiver side rail
    -Steyr factory sling with Gearward Ranger Band in S-roll quick deploy configuration

The AUG balances perfectly on the web of my hand with the loaded 42rd mag.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

How do you like the PupLight mount? This is the first time I’ve seen it.

My solution has been to ziptie a tape switch to the front of the trigger guard, wired to an HLR-1 HL on the side rail. It’s functional but not ideal as the support hand has to come off the vertical grip to activate it and I’d rather not have wires present if at all possible.

I'm a huge fan of the PupLight. It mounts a 1" flashlight directly to the gas block, which makes for a very comfortable activation with your left thumb when holding the VFG.

The lens of the LED is positioned close enough to the muzzle that there is no beam shadow, and it also frees up the side rail for use with the laser. With the laser mounted on the side rail, I can rest the pad of my trigger finger on the laser activation tab, with the rest of my finger resting over the safety. So the laser can be activated and the safety can be depressed all with a single movement.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Good to hear. I’ll probably pick one up to try. And awesome pic, maybe it’s because the AUG looks like a laser gun to begin with.

User Tag List