Page 67 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the AUG.

Unhappy

I love a good bandwagon.
    Name:  20220622_204529.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  40.2 KB

Sighted in with the vortex uh1 gen 2 on the unity riser. Definitely need a different optic as I don't really trust the vortex too much after having to send it in a couple times due to parasitic battery drain. Next plans are to get a sling for it and add a streamlight protac 2 as soon as I can get my hands on one of the arisaka surefire tailcap adapters.

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    What’s the consensus on the Magpul AUG magazines? Worth picking up for $10-11 less than the factory 30-rounders?
    I prefer the OEMs.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    What’s the consensus on the Magpul AUG magazines? Worth picking up for $10-11 less than the factory 30-rounders?
    They wouldn’t drop free from an AUG I had. No reliability issues but I found it mildly annoying that the OEM mags would drop free but the Magpul ones didn’t.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    They wouldn’t drop free from an AUG I had. No reliability issues but I found it mildly annoying that the OEM mags would drop free but the Magpul ones didn’t.
    I bought six Magpuls at the same time as my AUG, and while I haven’t been able to shoot them yet the one I unwrapped dropped free. I’m told their first ones didn’t.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the RatWorx sear in recent production AUGs? There’s talk on their website of making a modification to the trigger pack in some cases, I’d rather modify the sear if it’s not a drop in.
    Bumping back up.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

ARID's website is live: https://www.aridusa.com/shop
    140 for trigger and safety with 3-4 week leadtime

Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    ARID's website is live: https://www.aridusa.com/shop
    140 for trigger and safety with 3-4 week leadtime
    I’ve been impressed enough with them when I’ve messaged that I ordered the trigger and safety kit without waiting.
    Ken

Site Supporter
    What makes the Arid trigger/safety parts better than the OEM components?

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    What makes the Arid trigger/safety parts better than the OEM components?
    Trigger pull is supposed to be reduced by 1-2 lbs as well as getting rid of over travel. The safety is metal (not sure that this matters at all) which has rounded edges - this most appeals to me because the corners on my oem safety are pretty sharp (I have read that some people solve this by just hitting it with a file on the sharp edges)

Lightly touching up the safety’s corners with sandpaper should be the first thing done to any newly purchased AUG. Holy sharp!

User Tag List