Page 25 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the AUG.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    He was referring to the VFG in a image in a previous post:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post465242
    Ah. Gotcha. My bad.

Now with tuning fork!
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Got one today. Forgot I had an aimpoint laying around. Took the light and sling from an AK.

Adding the light was a little tricky and this is the item most likely to change. Without the tape switch I had to stick my thumb over the pic. rail and under the aimpoint to activate. With the tape switch I have to move my support hand back and under to work it. Feels better like this?

Are tape switches the suck, and prone to breakage?
    Last edited by QuickStrike; 07-12-2016 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Now with tuning fork!
    Or one of these

Nice setup, QuickStrike.

I bought a couple of the new Magpul AUG mags. I ran about 100-150 rounds through the three mags I bought with no problems. The Magpul magazines are a tad longer than the Steyr magazines. I have a good supply of the Steyr mags, but will probably get some more Magpul ones too.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  42.8 KB
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 923
Size:  38.5 KB

I just bought a couple of the Magpul magazines with some other stuff I was ordering from Brownells. I am completely a Nyeti disciple on these rifles-I traded him one of his four a while back and missed it so much that I went out and bought another one. I'm looking for a regional 2-day class to take that will allow me to try it out in a setting with some pressure. Mine wears an Aimpoint CompM4, a Surefire Scout, and a VTAC sling. I'm also on the list for one of the anniversary ones from PJ's.

I have seen some of the accessories Nyeti references in this thread-a lot of good stuff, designed by a SME on the AUG's. Once he makes them public, I will post pictures.

Site Supporter
    I hate you all so much.

Quote Originally Posted by K.O.A.M. View Post
    I have seen some of the accessories Nyeti references in this thread-a lot of good stuff, designed by a SME on the AUG's. Once he makes them public, I will post pictures.
    I've definitely been intrigued by nyeti's posts on the AUG accessories, particularly the optic setup. I'm just hoping that whatever comes out is usable on the A3 as well as the A3/M1.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    I've been seeing hints about new AUG acessories for the last 8 months. I got tired of waiting. I picked up a Surefire scout light on sale that I mounted on the right side rail. I can activate it with my right thumb, not ideal but doable. I just picked up an American defense modular mount for an aimpoint T1. Went to mount it; opened the socom riser box. Found a little card that said my purchase had been checked for quality. Now the little screws were missing. Emailed the place I purchased it from. They told me to contact American defense. I emailed them and they mailed me the screws. Hopefully I will finally get to shoot it this week

User Tag List