Page 37 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the AUG.

I know of someone having to get another gas plug and drill another sized port to run their gun suppressed correctly.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen View Post
    Question for the AUG knowledgable:

What is the better way to go in regards towards the AUG when choosing optics for a person with vision issues? My astigmatism gives me a hard time with red dots, though for some reason lasers are much less affected, so would I be well in choosing the 3x optic and a laser or trying various 1-4x, 1-6x, 1-8x optics to find a reticle that doesn't fuzz out as readily?
    Maybe give the Leupold Mark 4 CQ/T a look. Though I'm currently running an Aimpoint PRO on my AUG A3, the CQ/T looked right at home there (I think it bears more than a passing resemblance to the Steyr A3 optic). Etched reticle. However, I no longer see the CQ/T on the Leupold website, and I suspect it is no longer available. You might find a closeout deal somewhere...

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

For those looking for a long low rail that would make things AR height, pjs is making them for the a3m1 and will be getting them next week at a good price for about $135.

Just ordered my special snowflake AUG from PJ'S today. Quick service, answered all my emailed questions quickly, and got tracking info same day. Buy with confidence from Pete.

Thaught that maybe folks here are interested that Corvus Defensio now offers intl. shipping:

http://corvusdefensio.com/de/

Last edited by overton; 02-15-2017 at 02:49 AM.

I can vouch for Corvus shipping to the US as I'm currently waiting on their case deflector and forward accessory rail.

Got a white A3M1 from PJ'S today. Certainly happy with it and already added a Gear Head Works extended charging handle and the Neu-Trigger. Stock trigger wasn't bad but the Neutrigger does make a difference.

Thought I'd give an updated picture of the Imperial AUG. Package from Corvus Defensio arrived earlier than expected as I wasn't expecting it until the 1st or the 8th and it was shipped on the 15th. I ordered their forward accessory rail and their case deflector. The following is my analysis of said items on their features, issues, benefits, etc.

The package arrived securely in a package from DHL and in seperate bags as seen above. The forward accessory rail came with the front portion as well as the required Allen wrench for the two set screws that are included. It is a keymod system and so the 15 slot and 4 slot pic rails had the required accessories and screws but not an included wrench. That is a downside that I had notice as the screws are star wrenches and luckily I had some that fit in my toolbox while not everyone might not have them. Also not included were instructions on installation. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure things out but from having dealt with individuals at all ends of the spectrum, some type of instructions would be beneficial.

While not a fan of the keymod system, it's not a knock on the product. The construction of the products were well made and sturdy and gave me confidence that they would be able to withstand any stressor that I might put on them.

The case deflector is nice as it has set screws that allow you to tighten or loosen the fit in the ejection port but again were star wrench screws. Also, make sure that you don't tighten the screws down too far while the bolt is locked back, or else the bolt won't go into battery because the case deflector is preventing it from going forward. Backing the screws off slightly fixed the issue and the bolt functions normally.

Coming from running an AR primarily, I was not a fan of the light mounting locations available on a standard AUG. With the forward accessory rail, I'm able to set my light and it's activation similar to that how I ran it on my AR. I will probably change it out for a direct keymod light mount but that'll be in the future.

All in all, I don't believe the addition throws off the balance of the rifle but again, this is coming from someone that ran AR's and AK's. I'm sure someone that normally ran an unmodified AUG would say differently butbagain, I fit the rifle for my intended use and comfort. YMMV.

If anyone has any questions on the Corvus stuff or anything else, lemme know and I'll try to answer them.

the instructions are downloadable at the Corvus Defensio website. Go to "Products", klick on the desired item and then in the last line of the item description:
    http://corvusdefensio.com/en/shop/co...ase-deflector/
    http://corvusdefensio.com/wp-content...r-Englisch.pdf
    Last edited by overton; 02-26-2017 at 06:16 AM.

Welp...Apparently I missed the memo on that one but got it installed nevertheless.

User Tag List