Page 78 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the AUG.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What simple sling setup do folks like for the AUG?
    I've got this on the right side https://www.steyr-arms.com/us/cd-ant...nqdslingattach (replaces the factory sling swivel) and a magpul rsa qd behind the optic on the top rail. Seems to work well enough and keeps the sling out of the way of the charging handle

The Brown truck brought me a package from Alabama with two 42 round mags and this. Trigger pull went down from 8 or 9 pounds to 6.

Name:  9DC3D6A2-4DC4-4051-8D2F-B3C52A557771.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  56.0 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I've just ordered an AUG A3 M1, I'm going to get the suppressor plug, and I'd like to ask a question about AUG's and suppressors.

My question is, with the suppressor plug, does a flow-through suppressor like a Huxworth or CGS make much difference in noise and gas over something more conventional like a Griffin, Dead Air, Surefire, etc.?
    Ordinary guy

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Jed View Post
    I've just ordered an AUG A3 M1, I'm going to get the suppressor plug, and I'd like to ask a question about AUG's and suppressors.

My question is, with the suppressor plug, does a flow-through suppressor like a Huxworth or CGS make much difference in noise and gas over something more conventional like a Griffin, Dead Air, Surefire, etc.?
    Curious to see what the more experienced people have to say about this myself. I just got an OSS can in for the AUG. Previously I was using a Surefire Socom 7.62.

I've only put 20 rounds through the gun with the new can. To me it does feel a little less gassy. I certainly can't appreciate a big difference in noise between the two. Wasn't expecting to though.

The weird thing for my short session was that I felt like there was less gas to my face when shooting with the gas plug in the normal position instead of the suppressed position. The bolt was definitely cycling harder in the normal position. However, as mentioned that's only 20 shots total, 10 in each plug setting and I really wouldn't want to make a major declaration based on such a small sample size at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Jed View Post

I don't have a Hux, so I couldn't tell you...years ago I bought an AAC M4-2000 for two reasons; it had less blowback than my Griffin M4-SDII (supposedly), and AAC made their Blackout/Brakeout muzzle devices in the AUG's M13x1 LH twist threading. Even with the lower blowback, the gun was cycling super fast and throwing brass almost straight forward. I bought the suppressor plug a couple years ago and only had a chance to put I think two mags of M855 through it since, but it was a definite improvement; brass was going out at 2:30-3 vs 12:30-1 before. I never really noticed much gas in face. I DID notice however that with the M855 the gun cycled fine with the gas plug set to suppressed with no can on...it felt at the ragged edge of function, like it was just about to verge into under-gassed, but it did run. Hopefully this year I can sit down with it and shoot it some more, if I can ever put down these bolt action rifles I've gotten to like...

Edited to add - noise? There's sadly going to be some port pop from the gas block no matter what you do. There was (is?) a suppressor that RatWorx made that integrated the suppressor into something that covers up the gas block as well. It is a one trick AUG-only pony though.

Name:  Aug.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  100.5 KB

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

The Aug came in yesterday. I've got a Holosun 515 on it and am looking forward to getting acquainted at the range in the morning.

With all of the hoopla, I was expecting a much worse trigger. It's heavy, but nowhere near as bad as its online reputation.
    Ordinary guy

The Brown truck brought me a package from Alabama with two 42 round mags and this. Trigger pull went down from 8 or 9 pounds to 6.

Name:  9DC3D6A2-4DC4-4051-8D2F-B3C52A557771.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  56.0 KB
    What is this, exactly? New springs or new...?

What simple sling setup do folks like for the AUG?
    Factory AUG sling + a Ranger Band folds up very nicely and couldn't be simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by dogcaller View Post
    What is this, exactly? New springs or new...?
    Steyr AUG factory spring upgrade pack

They also appear to have suppressor plugs in stock..

Are those springs ever included in a complete rifle, or are they always an upgrade? I think I need to pull my trigger pack and look.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List