Page 42 of 89 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the AUG.

Quote Originally Posted by Keebsley View Post
    It all depends on what you wabt to do with it. Stick with stock optic? RDS? Variable optic? Light, laser, miscellaneous? Takes AR mags or just AUG mags?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Probably a red dot, maybe move over an LPVO. “Which top rail” is really the question. It looks like that short one would be limiting.

I like the idea of the NATO stock but there seems to be a concensus that AUG mags are superior? I’m okay dealing with that if it gets me a better running gun.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    So if a feller was shopping for an AUG these days, which variant/rail configuration should he look for? I’m seeing short/Long and high/low and it doesn’t look like the stock photos always match the SKU so it would seem a real good understanding of what one is ordering is important.
    You want the one called "extended Picatinny rail." This is the 25 slot rail that is at AR height over bore, so you can use regular optics mounts.

Call Pete at PJ Steyr AUG, he's a) the man for AUG's and typically has he the best price and selection b) the OEM for the extended rail.

Randomly, if you plan on wanting a Bayonet, have him do the bayonet lug install for you there, as it's tricky to do yourself where he can do it without issue.

If you plan on using an ACOG, the better option is a getting the cheapest AUG you can find, and getting the Corvus Defensio M1 rail. This is basically the same rail, but with an integral ACOG mounting groove that lets you run it ~10mm lower vs having it in a mount.

Okay that's the rail I was looking for but not seeing. I want that exact gun. Well except green, because: Die Hard.

Good point on PJ. Forgot about him!
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 03-03-2018 at 10:12 AM.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Every time I think I’ve suppressed my urge to buy an AUG, someone comes up with something to make me think I should. Lol!

This would seem to help with my concerns about lights and how to mount them.

http://jerkingthetrigger.com/2018/09...ting-platform/

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Every time I think I’ve suppressed my urge to buy an AUG, someone comes up with something to make me think I should. Lol!

This would seem to help with my concerns about lights and how to mount them.

http://jerkingthetrigger.com/2018/09...ting-platform/
    That looks perfect. That is very unfortunate.

Anyone know where to find (or have one they don’t need) a 2020 Precision TR-1A? Ratworx says unavailable. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Anyone know where to find (or have one they don’t need) a 2020 Precision TR-1A? Ratworx says unavailable. Thanks!
    Disregard - their website shows them in stock now.

https://www.ratworxusa.com/product.20-fgr-auga3

How's the balance of the AUG with a fairly heavy sight like an ELCAN Spectre or LPVO and rail/light?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    How's the balance of the AUG with a fairly heavy sight like an ELCAN Spectre or LPVO and rail/light?
    I haven’t taken possession of mine yet but I do have a Vortex Strike Eagle sitting around so it will get the first go at it.

So I just purchased an AUG A3M1 from a member here and I'm really digging it. I've wanted an AUG since I watched the original Die Hard as a kid. Just messing around with the rifle at home, I can see some benefits for in home/CQB use. I'm hoping to shoot it this weekend.

As any rifle that might be placed in a duty/defensive role should have a white light on it, I'm looking to mount one. The PuP Light mount mentioned a few posts ago looks perfect. Has anyone tried the PuP Light mount with the Surefire DFT Fury yet? The PuP Light website says the mount only works with 1" diameter lights and possibly 0.980" diameter lights but doesn't mention anything about lights larger than 1". A Surefire customer service person I spoke with told me the DFT Fury has a 1.1" diameter body. I'm really liking the M600DF I have on my AR and the 1500 lumens has spoiled me a little. If the DFT Fury doesn't fit, then I'll look into that Malkoff light @Tom_Jones said he purchased.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 11-08-2018 at 03:49 PM.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List