Page 38 of 88 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the AUG.

Vending Machine Operator
    I made it about 7-8 pages into the thread but I want to ask a question without reading the whole thing, if that's okay. If a fella wanted a bullpup, why the Aug vs. the Tavor?
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I made it about 7-8 pages into the thread but I want to ask a question without reading the whole thing, if that's okay. If a fella wanted a bullpup, why the Aug vs. the Tavor?
    Well aside from the personal preference caveat, the aug has been in service use for decades longer than the tavor, has a more neutral bslance, better ergonomics, is easier to take apart, is more accurate, trigger can be improved for a dollar instead of $400, multiple rail height options, stock shape easier to get a good cheek weld regardless of optic choice. Unless ypure left handed, i honestly dont know why one would choose a tavor instead. It takes ar mags. Tavor suppresses much better. Sty for any typos im on my phone

Eta: also looking at how the guns are designed the aug is very clever and quite simple. The tavor looks like it was designed by a committee, with heavy influence from the marketing dept. the aug bcgs anti pre engagement system is really cool, tavor has many dumb fiddly little bits internally
    Last edited by ReverendMeat; 02-27-2017 at 06:59 PM.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Vending Machine Operator
    Great answer, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Well aside from the personal preference caveat, the aug has been in service use for decades longer than the tavor, has a more neutral bslance, better ergonomics, is easier to take apart, is more accurate, trigger can be improved for a dollar instead of $400, multiple rail height options, stock shape easier to get a good cheek weld regardless of optic choice. Unless ypure left handed, i honestly dont know why one would choose a tavor instead. It takes ar mags. Tavor suppresses much better. Sty for any typos im on my phone

Eta: also looking at how the guns are designed the aug is very clever and quite simple. The tavor looks like it was designed by a committee, with heavy influence from the marketing dept. the aug bcgs anti pre engagement system is really cool, tavor has many dumb fiddly little bits internally
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Updated and fairly completed pic. Only thing that will change now is the light mount and muzzle device.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I really dig that white stock. It's very stormtrooper.
    That's the reason I got it. It'll have the Imperial logo on the other side and I'll eventually get a set of trooper armor to shoot it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Keebsley View Post
    That's the reason I got it. It'll have the Imperial logo on the other side and I'll eventually get a set of trooper armor to shoot it in.
    Most. Pistol-Forum. Comment. Evar.

Y'all may want to check out clawgear.com, it's another Austrian company producing AUG accessories.
    Of intrest:
    -M-lok/key mod handguard that clamps to the barrel casing/gas block.
    -A rail system that goes on classic A1 scopes.
    https://www.clawgear.com/p/en/AUG-M-...ar/20108/1646/
    https://www.clawgear.com/p/en/AUG-Mo...ar/20114/1555/

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Any images of the handguard attached?

This is just what I could find on Google images.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lml_hotshot; 03-20-2017 at 08:36 AM.

Wish there were better and closer pictures.

User Tag List