Page 33 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the AUG.

In case anyone's interested, RSR has some new stock. Short rail A3 M1s in black, FDE, ODG (including a single NATO stock in FDE) and--most appealing to me, white. The white ones seem harder to come by. Also magazines in 10/30/42 +green 30s and plenty of PMAGs.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Shot the new AUG today. First, I had to take some sand paper to the safety as it was razor sharp. Out of the box on paper at 35 yards, the factory 1.5 optic was shooting ten inches right, and off the paper. Seems like I had to crank it a lot to get it zeroed -- hope there is enough travel left. Despite great memories from the old integral optic, did not care for this reticle at all, because all the crap in there, combined with short eye relief, seemed to obscure lots of what you are aiming at. Trigger was atrocious after shooting the JP GMR-13 that I shot just before.

Anyone have an update on the Geissele trigger and other cool stuff that was supposed to be announced this month? I plan to call Pete Athens on the optic, and in the mean time install the extra rail I bought along with an Aimpoint Pro.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Back in the dark ages, when Nyeti and I ran original pre-ban Austrian made AUGs, back before the AUG A2 was introduced to America, back before Micro$@#& made their f'ed up version with non compatible parts, there was a product called Trigger tamer, which is still available, which made an enormous difference in the trigger pull f an AUG: http://www.triggertamer.com/.

I installed it in my AUGa1 and used it. It worked quite well.

The Sabre AUGa2 that I T&E'ed for a SWAT article had a usable trigger--much better than the original Austrian AUGs imported to the US.

I have not fired the current Veltor made AUG. You might want to try the Trigger Tamer in it. It has two alternate notches--one of which makes the trigger too light IMHO. The other one is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Anyone have an update on the Geissele trigger and other cool stuff that was supposed to be announced this month? I plan to call Pete Athens on the optic, and in the mean time install the extra rail I bought along with an Aimpoint Pro.
    I'm assuming this is the Corvus Defensio Enhanced Trigger System ("Powered by ALG and Geissele")? According to their web page...

COMING SOON

Enhanced Trigger System and Anti-Rotation Stock Kit currently in final quality check. We´re checking the requirements for shipping outside the EU which could take a while. Please keep checking back for new infos on that matter.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Both my pre ban AUGs had trigger jobs done by Giles Stock. As I recalled, he used a green scotch brite pad to do them.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The Corvus stuff is still trying to figure out shipping to the US when I checked their website.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Both my pre ban AUGs had trigger jobs done by Giles Stock. As I recalled, he used a green scotch brite pad to do them.
    I have a couple he has done. Good enough for most of my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Keebsley View Post
    The Corvus stuff is still trying to figure out shipping to the US when I checked their website.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Yea, he is trying to get the import stuff figured out. I guess trying to legally import stuff is really hard. Not like a couple tons of Cocaine that is fairly easy.....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I taped a piece of a PBR can to my sear and that cleaned up the trigger pull quite nicely.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Anyone have experience with this item?

http://www.neu-trigger.com/

User Tag List