Page 76 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the AUG.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The idea, in a post brace world, is a compact long gun, legal for cross state travel without paperwork, that can ride in the Sprinter. The AUG is very handy in a confined area, held with one hand, due to its weight distribution. Having to store a left and right hand one, and identifying each, is a deal breaker in a relatively small van. Darryl thought it could be fired left handed in a pinch without issue. Guess I will have to test it out.
    Easy problem to solve: they come in black, green, white and brown. One color for right and one for left. Easy Peasy! Well....expensive peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Easy problem to solve: they come in black, green, white and brown. One color for right and one for left. Easy Peasy! Well....expensive peasy.
    We can mount both of them above the shovel!

Name:  50B40864-E1B6-4271-A190-8F992C2F75FA.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  45.2 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

.300 Blackout AUG ?

Are there any .300 Blackout factory Steyr AUGs (non Nato) ?

Site Supporter
    The idea, in a post brace world, is a compact long gun, legal for cross state travel without paperwork, that can ride in the Sprinter. The AUG is very handy in a confined area, held with one hand, due to its weight distribution. Having to store a left and right hand one, and identifying each, is a deal breaker in a relatively small van. Darryl thought it could be fired left handed in a pinch without issue. Guess I will have to test it out.
    Would a case deflector work?

https://www.steyr-arms.com/us/cd-casedeflector

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    When I owned an AUG I had the Corvus Defensio case deflector on the ejection port. It worked very well and I never had issues with brass to the face if I shot left handed. I didn’t notice much gas to the face but I’ve also never shot a a suppressed AUG.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Are there any .300 Blackout factory Steyr AUGs (non Nato) ?
    -fingers crossed-

-Left nut giving me Forrest Whitaker eye-

Making kids done, Left nut should be wary...

pat

We can mount both of them above the shovel!

Name:  50B40864-E1B6-4271-A190-8F992C2F75FA.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  45.2 KB
    If you have a free minute, is this the Sprinter and what are your impressions on it? Which model? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    If you have a free minute, is this the Sprinter and what are your impressions on it? Which model? Thanks!
    Storyteller Overland Beast. Our third Storyteller and we have loved each one -- great product and company.

Will try the case deflector, thanks.

Google led me to a thread where the AUG was found to be not drop safe, if dropped butt down with the safety off. Had that been discussed in this thread?

How hard are the Steyr trigger pack springs to install?

Will try the case deflector, thanks.

Google led me to a thread where the AUG was found to be not drop safe, if dropped butt down with the safety off. Had that been discussed in this thread?

How hard are the Steyr trigger pack springs to install?
    One of the reasons for the hard trigger is because IT IS DROPSAFE. There are aftermarket sears that improve the trigger pull, but aren't drop safe. That may have been where you found the non-drop safe reference. Corvus Defensio tried to come up with a better trigger pack to improve the trigger pull, but eventually gave up because they could never get it to pass the Austrian drop safe standards.

User Tag List