Thread: Sionics customer service

Sionics customer service

I wanted to share my recent experience with Sionics because I was blown away by their responsiveness to a minor issue with a rifle:

A few months ago I bought a Sionics 16" rifle direct from the factory. I gave it the once-over before doing the transfer, including a function check, and noticed no issues. When I got the rifle home, I did another function check, and the trigger would not reset. I assumed that it might be gummed up with some sort of factory grease or preservative, so I sprayed the internals with CLP, wiped it down, and did another function check. Everything worked as it should, and I threw it in the back of the safe to await an optic, as I have several other higher priority projects.

On Saturday 4/28 I was digging in the safe for something else, and on a whim decided to do another function check on the Sionics just to make sure the failure to reset was resolved. Nope. The trigger would consistently fail to reset about every 3 or 4 attempts. It was already late, so I just put the gun away, planning to send an e-mail in the morning (a Sunday) so that Sionics would see it first thing Monday morning.

On Sunday I sent the e-mail at around 8:30. About 45 mins. later my phone rings, and it's a Sionics rep. I explain the issue, and he says they'll send me a shipping label for the lower first thing Monday. Sure enough, on Monday morning I have an e-mail waiting for me with the label. I brought the lower to work and packed it up in my office, and had to use some surplus unused PPE kits for padding because we didn't have any packing paper or bubble wrap. I had a great e-mail exchange with Sionics about this, including me sending pics of me dressed in the PPE like Dexter in my workplace. I even let them know that this was a slow-burn build, so no need to rush me ahead of other higher priority customers. Dropped the lower off at a UPS store on Monday evening.

By Tuesday they had the rifle, had diagnosed the issue (out-of-spec part, they didn't say which one), replaced it, and repackaged the lower. They called me to ask my shirt size, and when I said I was a M, they said they didn't think they had any, and offered a large. I told them I probably wouldn't wear it, so no big deal.

On Thursday the lower was delivered, along with a medium Sionics shirt, and some stickers. Passes function test with no issues.

I could not believe that a company with the LE contracts Sionics has was so quick to respond to a minor issue, and everyone that I dealt with was friendly, professional, and went above and beyond. I did not realize the extent of their warranty until I looked it up to get their contact info: they will replace shot out barrels, small wear parts, and entire rifles if your gun is seized in a justified use-of-force incident. I was extremely happy with how I was treated, and the company has earned a very loyal customer.

Very interesting. In March, I purchased 2 lower receivers with their upgraded two stage triggers. One of the triggers would not reset properly. I called them and they told me to dry fire it a bunch and shooter mag or two and let them know. After doing that, the trigger worked fine. Was your trigger a two-stage?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Very interesting. In March, I purchased 2 lower receivers with their upgraded two stage triggers. One of the triggers would not reset properly. I called them and they told me to dry fire it a bunch and shooter mag or two and let them know. After doing that, the trigger worked fine. Was your trigger a two-stage?
    No, just the standard mil-spec(ish) single stage with whatever nickel coating they use.

User Tag List