Page 77 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the AUG.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
    One of the reasons for the hard trigger is because IT IS DROPSAFE. There are aftermarket sears that improve the trigger pull, but aren't drop safe. That may have been where you found the non-drop safe reference. Corvus Defensio tried to come up with a better trigger pack to improve the trigger pull, but eventually gave up because they could never get it to pass the Austrian drop safe standards.
    Actually, people were also testing with the stock AUG:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/A...539286/?page=2
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

What service rifles are drop safe (muzzle impact)? AR’s are not. Nobody seems to care, although I’ve had to explain to a few colleagues why they should not keep their rifles with a loaded chamber in a bag or rack.

Let's talk about the AUG.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    What service rifles are drop safe (muzzle impact)? AR’s are not. Nobody seems to care, although I’ve had to explain to a few colleagues why they should not keep their rifles with a loaded chamber in a bag or rack.
    If I recall, the German G3s in Bundeswehr service were drop safe, which could explain the execrable triggers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Are there any reports of AR’s discharging when dropped? There are some YouTube videos showing the opposite.

(I still keep mine chamber empty.)

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Are there any reports of AR’s discharging when dropped? There are some YouTube videos showing the opposite.

(I still keep mine chamber empty.)
    I've seen a lot dropped and they never fired. Only one tripped the hammer but it still didn't fire. Idk what the deal is there.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Will try the case deflector, thanks.

Google led me to a thread where the AUG was found to be not drop safe, if dropped butt down with the safety off. Had that been discussed in this thread?

How hard are the Steyr trigger pack springs to install?
    @HCM explained its Inertia driven so the tests those guys did wouldn't of tripped the inertia based trigger safety. He told me to rest easy if I got one.

Site Supporter
    Will try the case deflector, thanks.

Google led me to a thread where the AUG was found to be not drop safe, if dropped butt down with the safety off. Had that been discussed in this thread?

How hard are the Steyr trigger pack springs to install?
    I installed the lighter factory AUG trigger pack springs with only moderate amounts of cursing. It’s about like reassembling an AK trigger assembly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What simple sling setup do folks like for the AUG?

What simple sling setup do folks like for the AUG?
    This is what I do: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1354210 . For the rear, I use the existing sling swivel on support side.

I called Steyr in Alabama today, and spoke with Herbert. I asked him if I bought an extra trigger pack and the spring kit, if Steyr would install the springs. He said absolutely, and for just a $25 shop charge. Super nice and helpful person. I am happy to have the lighter springs in a separate trigger pack that I can use as I want. Amazing design for any year but especially for when it was designed.

User Tag List