Page 56 of 88 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the AUG.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Can someone school me on the difference between models using the original AUG magazines and those that take NATO mags?
    Does the magazine release work the same for both, or does the NATO version require a push button release, or something?
    They have the same magazine release, but if I remember correctly, at least with the original AUGs, the AR mag did not lock lock the bolt back after the last shot was fired.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I’m not sure a FAST wouldn’t be too high. I use an HK height ADM mount like @HCM mentioned and it’s perfect for me. Of course it’s my belief most folks using a FAST are doing so because of social media influencers and not a real need.
    I think the HK height mount would be the right choice for an AUGa3. When I had an AUGa3 to write an article on, I found that the Larue HK416 T-1 mount was the right height for the AImpoint T-1. This was different than my original AUGa2 which had a rail that could go in the place of the optic which took the lowest Larue mount to work with the Aimpoint T-1. When first got the T&E AUGa3 I tired the Larue low mount for the Aimpoint T-1 and found it was too low.

Has anyone compared the triggers on the AUG Nato stock and the standard AUG stock? I've read that to accommodate the magazine release on the AR-pattern magazine, the NATO AUG only uses one trigger bar as opposed to two trigger bars on the original design; some reviewers have reported a heavier trigger pull on the NATO versions because of this, but others don't mention it at all.

I heard all sorts of horror stories about how the AUG is over gassed when suppressed even with the suppressor gas plug, but I don’t find that to be the case. Sounds good, works good, gun shoot, gun good.

Name:  CFD2946A-15F7-4E18-8602-6B7F7CDF9B2C.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  72.7 KB
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    Has anyone compared the triggers on the AUG Nato stock and the standard AUG stock? I've read that to accommodate the magazine release on the AR-pattern magazine, the NATO AUG only uses one trigger bar as opposed to two trigger bars on the original design; some reviewers have reported a heavier trigger pull on the NATO versions because of this, but others don't mention it at all.
    I owned the A3 Nato mags version until this Spring. I never measured it against the traditional mag versions, however the things you can buy to improve the trigger would not work in mine. I could not install the "trigger tamer" kit and get it working, and I tried one of the Rattworks metal sears intended for the A3 trigger groups in my A3 Nato mags trigger group and it only made the trigger much worse and often failed to reset, gave it to a friend who has the Steyr mags A3 version and it did drop in and improve his A3 trigger.

My aimpoint was in an GG&G high mount and that worked very well in terms of the correct height for me.

I quite like the Ratworx sear in my AUG A3 M1. Then again, I don’t get wound up about triggers and would never ever spend Geissele money for a Geissele trigger in an assault rifle.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I heard all sorts of horror stories about how the AUG is over gassed when suppressed even with the suppressor gas plug, but I don’t find that to be the case. Sounds good, works good, gun shoot, gun good.

Name:  CFD2946A-15F7-4E18-8602-6B7F7CDF9B2C.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  72.7 KB
    are you using a single point sling? debating on how to sling my AUG, the factory front sling point on the top of the receiver seems like it would get in the way with a sling mounted there

Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    are you using a single point sling? debating on how to sling my AUG, the factory front sling point on the top of the receiver seems like it would get in the way with a sling mounted there
    Magpul MS3 converted to single point after I decided the same on the factory front sling point.
    #RESIST

For slings, I like having a sling point at the rear of the top rail and at the buttstock. The provides more stability vs single point when slung.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    For slings, I like having a sling point at the rear of the top rail and at the buttstock. The provides more stability vs single point when slung.
    Good idea. Which sling mount did you use up front?
    #RESIST

User Tag List