Page 48 of 89 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the AUG.

I’m definitely in for the class!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    The correct term is “Group Standard”; it is not a “cult” . As for infantry not being able to count; I to fall in that group. That is why belt fed is our favored weapon. 6-9 round burst; you don’t have to count, just think die motherfucker die; and kill them all
    Indeed!

Name:  809.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  15.2 KB

No group buy for this guy, (thanks to Tom) I will be sourcing mags though. I saw the deal on the 42 rounders and will snag a few, anyone have a good lead on cheap 30 round mags?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    No group buy for this guy, (thanks to Tom) I will be sourcing mags though. I saw the deal on the 42 rounders and will snag a few, anyone have a good lead on cheap 30 round mags?
    https://www.44mag.com/category/steyr

They have the 30 and 42 round Steyr mags for $19.95 and the Magpul 30s for $18.95.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

FYI it’s also free shipping on magazine orders over $44.95.

You can move me to the “definite” list. I’d never forgive myself if I missed this. I’ve used my AUG in carbine classes before, where it’s all AR15s. When it comes to manipulations: “And you... just perform X like however you need to do it with that thing.”

Last edited by Dagga Boy; 11-15-2018 at 11:25 AM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Die Hard December TM approaches, and this thread does inspire. Time to break the AUG out I suppose...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

DB, for my ignorance this is which variation, set up with what please ?

Also 30 vs 42 round mags ?

Thank you.
    Sorry you had put this in another thread. I hope it is OK to put it here

Dagga Boy
    HiTS Steyr AUG asymetric carbine course-2019

I will be conducting an AUG specific class in the spring of 2019. Likely April and in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. The plan is for an easy paced two day course. The goal will be to get students to understand the benefits of the AUG rifles and maximize them and to understand the negative features and how to work around them. By specializing the material to what Pat Rogers called the Asymetric Carbine, students will get directed instruction on their rifle rather than trying to attend an AR based course and left to figure things out for themselves.
    For those looking to acquire guns and accessories. I HIGHLY recommend PJ’s Steyr AUG as Pete has a very long history not just selling guns but being able to support them post sale. I recommend the new AUG A3 M1 with a rail and either a high quality low power variable or Aimpoint. Mounting optics behind the bolt locking notch is recommended. For aftermarket accessories I can recommend Corvus Defensio without hesitation. The owner is likely the top subject matter expert on the planet on running and supporting the AUG platform.
    If you are planning on running a suppressed gun, do some extensive research. Just throwing a suppresor on the end of an AUG barrel is not a recipe for success. I also prefer guns that take AUG specific magazines rather than using NATO stocks to take AR pattern magazines.
    Hope this helps and stand by for final dates and location.
    Darryl Bolke-HiTS
    Last edited by 1slow; 11-15-2018 at 03:13 PM.

@Dagga Boy and others - what is the deal on running an AUG suppressed?

I started digging into it. Seems like an adjustable gas regulator is necessary to help control the back pressure. It's also not clear if the AUG suppresses as well as an AR?

User Tag List