Page 52 of 89 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the AUG.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    We may need to find a new source for AUG mags. Banner at 44mag website says they are going out of business in February. They had the best prices I’ve seen and many show out of stock already.
    Just got my order from 44 Mag today.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Almost ready for DB’s 2019 class in May!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    My AUGA3M1 with Trijicon Type 1 RMR (I just exchanged the Trijicon RMR Mount for a American Defense RMR Mount as the Trijicon isn't quite high enough). Magpul Pro BUIS Sights. Streamlight HL Rail 2 Light with Pressure Switch. Blue Force Gear Vickers Combat Applications Sling and Brownells Discreet Case.

Name:  AUGCase.jpg
Views: 1475
Size:  56.5 KB

Looking forward to DB's Class.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    My AUGA3M1 with Trijicon Type 1 RMR (I just exchanged the Trijicon RMR Mount for a American Defense RMR Mount as the Trijicon isn't quite high enough). Magpul Pro BUIS Sights. Streamlight HL Rail 2 Light with Pressure Switch. Blue Force Gear Vickers Combat Applications Sling and Brownells Discreet Case.

Name:  AUGCase.jpg
Views: 1475
Size:  56.5 KB

Looking forward to DB's Class.
    Made a few changes. Got a Long 25 slot rail from Pete as the "Long High" Rail doesn't have much space for BUIS sights. Went with an Aimpoint PRO with the spacer removed to lower it and reversed the Quick Release so it's on the Right side of the gun away from the Cocking Handle. Still have the Magpul Pro BUIS Sights. Any part of the rail that's not taken up is covered with rubber rail cover. Still have the Streamlight Rail Mount with pressure switch. The small rail on the receiver allows you to run the wire under the light mount so the wire is protected. I really like the balance and ergonomics of the AUG.
    Name:  AUG.jpg
Views: 1239
Size:  46.1 KB
    Last edited by MDFA; 01-06-2019 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Almost ready for prime time. I just need to install the Corvus mag catch. I’m happy to report the ADM CAS-V mount works perfectly with a micro size red dot and the “high” rail whether OEM or in my case Midwest Industries. I do wish the MI sling QD socket pin had limited swivel but I can live with it.

ADM CAS-V: https://www.americandefensemanufactu...ew/product/46/

Now I just need to get reps in with it before DB’s class in the spring.
    That's a slick looking system you have there.

Site Supporter
    I finally got to get my AUG out to the range yesterday. I sighted in the Aimpoint PRO with 62gr M855 for 50/200 zero. I was getting 2 MOA with that load. No malfunctions at all. The range has a steel IDPA target and 2-8 inch gongs at 100 yards. I switched to 55 gr. Winchester White Box to see how it would preform on the steel at 100 without any adjustment to the optic. From a rest I was ringing the IDPA target every time, so I started on the Gongs. No problem with those. So with DB's writings of how good the AUG is in one handed shooting in mind. I tried standing one handed shooting at the IDPA target. No problem, 5 hits in a row. So then I tried the 8 inch Gongs. 4 out of 5 times I hit them standing one handed as well. I've ran an M-16 or M-4 for 42 years and there is no way I would have ever tried or been able to do that with one of them. The balance of the AUG is just incredible.

These are not mine, but maybe someday. These are from the Corvus Defensio display at the Steyr booth, SHOT Show 2019

First, a Nightforce scope with a thermal imager attached to the front. It is a new product made by a German company in Berlin. Open the cover and the imager turns on. Close the cover and it powers off. I've got video too, but I can't post it yet. Corvus Defensio parts include the optic rail with built in QD swivel attachment points, the forward VFG rail and the magazine release. The front rails are made in Keymod and M-Loc.

Name:  IMG_1518.jpg
Views: 2125
Size:  54.8 KB

Name:  IMG_1519.jpg
Views: 1687
Size:  33.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1524.jpg
Views: 2636
Size:  83.1 KB

Sorry about this. Thermal doesn't photo well through an iPhone.
    Name:  IMG_1521.jpg
Views: 1699
Size:  27.2 KB

Case deflector (also made for the NATO stocks), TA33 ACOG mounted directly to the optic rail so it sits lower, with an Aimpoint riding piggy back on a Corvus Defensio mount (new this year). Hold the rifle at low ready with your head up, like you're looking around and the stock contacts your jaw with the red dot right there in front of your. Scrunch down a little to a normal cheek weld and you're looking through the ACOG. VERY fast, VERY comfortable. M-LOK is also Corvus Defensio.

Name:  IMG_1520.jpg
Views: 1776
Size:  48.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1525.jpg
Views: 4385
Size:  73.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1527.jpg
Views: 1788
Size:  69.9 KB

I miss my Corvus Defensio pimped AUG.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
    These are not mine, but maybe someday. These are from the Corvus Defensio display at the Steyr booth, SHOT Show 2019
    Thanks for the update, the new Corvus Mlok front rail looks great.

I have their rail, shell deflector, and mag release, any they all work great.

But, I think I'll be snagging a TA33 in the future to pair with that Micro mount, looks like great setup.

Somewhat related, was there any sign of the Steyr STM556? It's steyr's piston driven AR design, rumored to be imported into the US this year:

Timing is everything. If I'd found this out before, I'd have asked Steyr at SHOT. In looking on their website, I saw that they offer barrels with the US standard 1/2x28 RH muzzle thread instead of the Steyr 13x1 LH thread pitch. Does anyone know if the current crop of AUG's are being produced with 1/2x28 threads?

User Tag List