Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: KeyMod vs. M-LOK

I don't know that the Keymod owners are gonna take a bath on their rails, they'll just be a little harder to sell. Most folks aren't attaching things to the sides anyway to much of that is all moot. Given the choice the answer always was MLOK unless you wanted a specific rail and those rails were desirable and will still be for a few years.

Like Rob I have a few of the Troy TRX Extreme rails. With the continuous 12:00 and still available sling attachments I can't find a reason to ditch it. While they're obsolete in one sense I can't think if anything I want that I can't get.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. The gun sitting in your safe doing nothing won't notice a difference.
    Ha! He's talking to me alright. That's pretty much what my Troy railed N4 Recce does between deer seasons.
    Last edited by JHC; 05-15-2017 at 09:00 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I have two keymod rails, neither of which I plan on getting rid of. With that said, I don't attach anything to my rail besides a light at 12 o clock and back up irons. Other than that I have the bcm grip inserts that plug into the keymod holes. So for me, it really doesn't matter but I probably would buy mlok if I get interested in another upper

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I have a ban-era A2 Bushmaster Dissipator HBAR sitting in my safe. Imagine how hard that is to get rid of...
    My Dad sold his Colt HBAR 6601 ban-era gun with no problems at all during Newtown. It's disgusting to say this, but there will be a time when you can sell it for a pretty penny, I'm sure. Always is.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    The M4C thread on BCM MLOK rails is heating up.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread....te-2017/page40

Looks like there are review samples in the wild headed to a YouTube channel near you.

Product listings on the site, and you can sign up for in-stock emails when they finally hit.

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...uard-s/227.htm

Made of 6061, will be a few ounces heavier than KMR. Supposed to be happening in October.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

BCM's MLOK (MCMR) rails are in stock and available for order.

BCM MCMR MLOK
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Swapped out a KMR for a MCMR hand guard on my SBR. Easy install; rezero'd today.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Swapped out a KMR for a MCMR hand guard on my SBR. Easy install; rezero'd today.

Not knocking your decision at all but what did you gain by swapping out the handguard? Besides aesthetics? Just curious.
    Shoot more, post less...

It was my only Keymod upper and I have other MLOK stuff, so I just decided to standardize around that. I already sold the Keymod handguard, so it wasn't a great expense to switch. To your point, shoots the same.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    It was my only Keymod upper and I have other MLOK stuff, so I just decided to standardize around that. I already sold the Keymod handguard, so it wasn't a great expense to switch. To your point, shoots the same.
    Planning to do the same thing, all my current projects are based on MLOK and only my first build is Keymod.

I just need to get around to selling my KMR9. It’s one of the lithium-aluminum rails so I figure I can at least get enough for basically an even swap for an MCMR9

User Tag List