Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Piston Driven AR's

Quote Originally Posted by will_1400 View Post
    IIRC, "spray and pray" was the standard approach when the Army adopted the M16 back in the 60's, the philosophy being that if you put enough fire downrange, you're bound to hit something eventually.
    "Spray and Pray" has never been doctrine, a training step, or an accepted TTP. It is the response of a scared conscript with little training in an alien environment when being shot at by a hidden and sneaky enemy.
    There most certainly is an application of suppressive fire to enable maneuver, but that is something else.
    There actually was a study that pulled data from WW2 and Korea that pushed us in the 5.56 direction, in which the data indicated that whichever side of a meeting force shot more rounds (regardless of caliber), was usually the victor. Interesting ripple in small arms development and employment, certainly, but it did not start a training cycle of "Point toward loud noises and pull trigger until magazine is empty".

Alright. Chalk another one up to bs rumors being spread around. Thanks again for the info.

ETA: To clarify: I'd read and heard from multiple sources that full auto was highly encouraged on the grounds that I stated in my previous post.
    Last edited by will_1400; 09-03-2011 at 12:13 PM.

Well, color me thoroughly corrected, then.

My small sample of data has been positive with the M6A2 LWRC, as well as a few other fellow shooters. 5000+ rounds without a hitch. It is not to say that a DI wouldn't do the same, as I full confidence in my Noveske as it too has been the bees knees. The LWRC is the 'beater' rifle for me. The weight is noticeable compared to the Noveske.

Question then, why is my 14.5 lwrci M6 with DD rail lighter than my DD lightweight 14.5 everything is the same Compm4, troy rears, fixed fronts, h2 buffers and vltor modstocks?

Even balances better too.

Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    Question then, why is my 14.5 lwrci M6 with DD rail lighter than my DD lightweight 14.5 everything is the same Compm4, troy rears, fixed fronts, h2 buffers and vltor modstocks?

Even balances better too.
    Because it's full of hot air?
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Hot air does make things lighter. Thanks

Seriously though, it is interesting that your LWRCI is lighter than your LW DD.
    What handguard and length are you using on each? And how do the barrel profiles compare?
    I'm not trying to troubleshoot your weight disparity, just interested in how they are comparing.
    Director Of Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Seriously though, it is interesting that your LWRCI is lighter than your LW DD.
    What handguard and length are you using on each? And how do the barrel profiles compare?
    I'm not trying to troubleshoot your weight disparity, just interested in how they are comparing.
    7.0 Daniel Defense Omegas.
    Barrel on the DD is LW and the LWRC standard
    TD full size grip on both but the DD is a QD version
    TD pistol grips
    Vltor Modstocks
    Troy rears
    LWRC has a Larue mount for the CompM4 and the DD has a CompM4 in a Aimpoint mount

That is the only difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    7.0 Daniel Defense Omegas.
    Barrel on the DD is LW and the LWRC standard
    TD full size grip on both but the DD is a QD version
    TD pistol grips
    Vltor Modstocks
    Troy rears
    LWRC has a Larue mount for the CompM4 and the DD has a CompM4 in a Aimpoint mount

That is the only difference.
    Huh.
    What's the weight difference? (assming you put it on a scale)
    Or is it perceived weight/balance? (which I also understand, as I have never weighed any of my weapons)
    Director Of Sales

User Tag List