Thread: Best shot timer

Best shot timer

What are the best options for shot timers around the $100-150 mark ? Seems to be a plethora of options, however I'm not finding one common consensus

I've been enjoying my Shotmaxx quite a bit, although you might look a little ridiculous timing other people. I also haven't had problems with the Pocket Pro timer although I've read about issues with the Pro 2.

I was basically in your boat recently, everything out there had dubious reliability and/or utility and every forum I visited had someone reporting issues with this or that timer. Since we have timers at my ranges for other people, I opted for the Shotmaxx for my own training and I have no regrets. If the CEDs had a better reputation for reliability I may have gone that route since they save multiple strings, but they don't so I didn't
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

I don't like any of the timers currently available. The field is wide open for someone to introduce a shot timer with decent buttons, a non-retarded user interface, and modern electronics (e.g. download your data to iPhone).
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Agree on the Shotmaxx, though I find some of the interface design to be less-than-optimal. I like that it works at both indoor and outdoor ranges.
    Sheep Have Wool

Most popular would be the Pocket Pro 2, followed by the Pact Club, then CED7000. My advice would be to buy from Brownells, as they unconditionally warranty everything they sell.

Site Supporter
    Midway has the Competition Electronics Pocket Pro on sale now for $109. I am not sure if that is the best price, but it may help your selection.

User Tag List