Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Season vs carry caliber

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I can see your point in the last line, though it can also give you a time/surprise advantage.

If the small gun runs dry, you have a real gun to back it up after getting inside the heavy garment. One isnt limited to the small gun as your only armament, but can be an introductory item.
    That is certainly the thinking behind the "BUG in the Outer" approach but if the primary EDC could be accessed just as quickly.........?
    Most of my knowledge base is "previously owned".

Then it would seem less an issue.

The gun in the pocket would seem to telegraph less what you were doing, though that is something each would need to assess themselves. If one isn't wearing lots of heavy outer clothes, it also may not be as much of an issue. I don't worry about it with just a down vest on. Add a heavier coat, colder weather, more layers, then I like the gun in the pocket option. In some urban situations, being able to stand around casually, though with a gun actually in hand may be appealing. It has a couple times for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    LE agencies buying Glock 18s is the height of retardery.

Even worse is the idea that the guy driving the shield needs one. Beyond stupid.
    I have absolutely no comment on the advisability of G18s for LEO use, but I sure was impressed with jlw's capability with one when we were at Rogers, along with an Alaskan LEO who had one too.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

User Tag List