Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Compact EDC and Slimmer Clothing

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Attachment 2751

I'm 5'8" and about 165 lbs. I don't care for loose, "relaxed fit" clothing and that can make concealing a Glock 19 a bit harder.

Pictured above: Glock 42 and extra magazine in a Custom Carry Concepts Looper AIWB holster and pouch, respectively. Clinch Pick in Dark Star Gear sheath, Spyderco P'Kal, and SureFire EB1 Backup.

I can get away with the above even with slim chinos and a medium polo shirt. Note: I don't "normally" carry AIWB but I reserve it as an option.
    Bro-fist.

I'm 5'6, 166 and prefer the same kind of style, although it should be noted in winter here in SoDak that goes to hell because rule 1 is "don't freeze to death."

I'm in southern CA so typically t shirts and shorts with a slimmer fit, but pretty much the same as you as far as med tops and slimmer pants. The only issue I have with the shaggy is because of the "wedge" I need to carry something at the 11 o clock. I find if I carry a CP there when I lift my arms the handle sometimes peeks out.

I'm 6'0", 170lb and I also like form fitting clothing. I wear 32"W pants and MED shirts. I'm not too keen on baggy stuff. I used to carry a Kahr P380 in my pocket but it did print in some jeans and a lot of jeans just don't have the right pockets for CCW. All that coupled with a slow draw from the pocket, I am now carrying a G19 at 3:30. I found that this works pretty well and with a better holster I can probably make it work even better. I have a JMCK IWB 3SL coming in soon so hopefully that will be the ticket. I also have a holster coming in for my new 1911 CCO. I'm hoping the thinness of the 1911 will provide better concealment. Only issue is that most of my jeans happen to be "low rise" boot cut and they don't play well with my pants hiked up for CCW. Some work better than others but bottom line is I need some new pants. I find that the performance type material polos work better for me for concealment. They are usually a little longer and the material seems to flow over a weapon better than cotton.

I know I will probably catch hell for it but....I don't usually carry a spare mag for my G19........ Need to find a good IWB mag holder for my 1911 mags.

I'd like to carry AIWB, since bending over with 3:30 carry is an issue, but at this time in my life (carrying my kids around) it doesn't work for me. I may try an AIWB holster for my Kahr P380 and see how that works. I always pocket carry a spare mag when carrying the P380.

I am also working more on upper body strength. Increased mass up top and a trim waist allow a shirt to drape more over the belt for increased concealment. The increased strength is good too.
    Last edited by Irelander; 11-17-2014 at 11:36 AM.

that's where my Clinch Pick typically resides.
    Do you carry the Pick in the vertical position or horizontal? I had an ESEE Izula II that I tried in the horizontal position. I could not find a place on my waist that would not print both the grip and the tip. Just sold it and I am saving up for a Clinch Pick to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Do you carry the Pick in the vertical position or horizontal? I had an ESEE Izula II that I tried in the horizontal position. I could not find a place on my waist that would not print both the grip and the tip. Just sold it and I am saving up for a Clinch Pick to try.
    Eh... *mostly* horizontal. I do try to have it angled so that I don't need to break my wrist (much) to access it.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I'm 6'0", 170lb and I also like form fitting clothing. I wear 32"W pants and MED shirts. I'm not too keen on baggy stuff. I used to carry a Kahr P380 in my pocket but it did print in some jeans and a lot of jeans just don't have the right pockets for CCW. All that coupled with a slow draw from the pocket, I am now carrying a G19 at 3:30. I found that this works pretty well and with a better holster I can probably make it work even better. I have a JMCK IWB 3SL coming in soon so hopefully that will be the ticket. I also have a holster coming in for my new 1911 CCO. I'm hoping the thinness of the 1911 will provide better concealment. Only issue is that most of my jeans happen to be "low rise" boot cut and they don't play well with my pants hiked up for CCW. Some work better than others but bottom line is I need some new pants. I find that the performance type material polos work better for me for concealment. They are usually a little longer and the material seems to flow over a weapon better than cotton.

I know I will probably catch hell for it but....I don't usually carry a spare mag for my G19........ Need to find a good IWB mag holder for my 1911 mags.

I'd like to carry AIWB, since bending over with 3:30 carry is an issue, but at this time in my life (carrying my kids around) it doesn't work for me. I may try an AIWB holster for my Kahr P380 and see how that works. I always pocket carry a spare mag when carrying the P380.

I am also working more on upper body strength. Increased mass up top and a trim waist allow a shirt to drape more over the belt for increased concealment. The increased strength is good too.
    Interesting...for me, AIWB with a p30 works so much better since I'm always picking up kids and rolling around with them. I couldn't do that with I the hip carry. I just lift the kid above the butt on the gun.

Site Supporter
    Name:  100_0779.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  54.8 KB

Look's pretty similar to mine. Still waiting on a mag pouch, but this get's carried very little. I find I can conceal my full size gear 95% of the time. This would be for dressed up events or "lounging around the house"

This was today. Tucked my undershirt over it with a very slim fitting shirt over the top. Even if my shirt somehow came above my waist the clip is the only thing that would have been seen. It would have been very difficult to spot the clip against my belt. Very NPE but legal environment. Knife and light on a pocket shield in the left pocket and speed loader in the right pocket next to wallet.

“If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I normally carry conventional strong side at 3:30, typically a Glock 19 IWB in a VM2...
    I recently had to consider exactly that setup, which I used for the most part of 2010 and 2011. I was nothing short of amazed that I couldn't draw that gun worth a damn, worse than I was 3 years ago.

I wear slim clothes periodically too, and I have conceptually similar solution: single stack short butt gun in a straight drop minimalist AIWB. My gear are Kahr MK9 and CCC Quick Cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Name:  100_0779.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  54.8 KB

Look's pretty similar to mine. Still waiting on a mag pouch, but this get's carried very little. I find I can conceal my full size gear 95% of the time. This would be for dressed up events or "lounging around the house"
    You guys are making me want to buy a G42!

Is that a DSG holster?

User Tag List