Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Waking up fast enough?

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Jesus, aren't you in Victoria?

What are you, living in a house with blacked out windows and a hydro meter stuck on fast forward?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
    LOL, yeah Victoria. Home of the retired and politically correct.

I won't bore everyone with specifics, but the first happened at an apartment in a nice quiet neighborhood, the second at our first house, again in a nice quiet neighborhood. 1st was a byproduct of a neighbors domestic dispute. The second, again a neighbor, with a heavy dose of habitual drug use and mental illness thrown in.

No matter what area you live in you can't pick your neighbors. I live in an even nicer neighborhood now, but being surrounded by 4000sqft houses doesn't insure my neighbors aren't batshit crazy.

Regarding the OP's original topic, I was asleep during both attempts, and fully awake instantly.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Know then also that I am a lazy and stoic man and no, I haven't looked into it in twenty years. Last time they basically said "it's narcotics or nothing" and I said "definitely going with the nothing".

But there is a sleep clinic near here. I should probably do something about this.

This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    lazy and stoic
    This is an intriguing combination.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by OrigamiAK View Post
    This is an intriguing combination.
    They actually go together very well.

"My foot hurts. But, if I lie here on the couch, it does not hurt quite so much. Therefore, I do not need to go to the doctor."

Trust me, I come from a long line of men who think this way.

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    They actually go together very well.

"My foot hurts. But, if I lie here on the couch, it does not hurt quite so much. Therefore, I do not need to go to the doctor."

Trust me, I come from a long line of men who think this way.

Made me laugh.

I've broken my foot twice. Both times I waited a couple days to go in to be sure there was really something wrong. By then, the foot and halfway up my calf was purple, yellow, and some other cool colors. I did go in, just wanted to be sure it wasn't minor and easily brushed off.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    It's a very low-effort belief system, all right. I call it "endurance through indifference".

Seriously though, the point is well taken and I think I'm hitting the point where I need to do something about it. So thank you for the push. That's probably exactly what I needed.

This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Made me laugh.

I've broken my foot twice. Both times I waited a couple days to go in to be sure there was really something wrong. By then, the foot and halfway up my calf was purple, yellow, and some other cool colors. I did go in, just wanted to be sure it wasn't minor and easily brushed off.
    I knew a dude who did that with a blister on his foot. But he did it for about two years, and it got so infected that his foot was gangrenous and smelled bad enough to stink up the whole entire emergency room.

I think they cut it off. He told me that "It just didn't hurt that bad, and I didn't think it was a big deal until the skin started to rot..."

User Tag List