Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook

Facebook

Recently deleted our local firearm swap pages. I guess I'm the last one to figure out it's against their policy or something stupid like that. Local crap swap pages are still up.

It was one of the few reasons I even had a page.

How does someone go about deleting all traces of a personal page?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

You mean permanently deleting your account?

https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account

FWIW Facebook isn't that harsh. There needs to be a few things to keep the page open as a semi-open group. A few pages that I am aware of were closed but then reinstated quickly. This had s bunch of folks puttin' on the foil, and not in the hockey sense. I don't buy into the great conspiracy, not when the past 8 guns I have purchased have been because of facebook and the last 10k rounds of ammo have been through sponsored posts.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

+1 My sole left wing friend on my FB shared a left wing story on FB last week that claimed FB was deleting Senator Bernie Sanders' stuff.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    How does someone go about deleting all traces of a personal page?
    You can cancel/delete your account, but that information forever exists online (though, is no longer viewable by friends) as it belongs to facebook, not you. They will never delete it, because they trade in information. You get free facebook, they get to sell the information about you to advertisers, governments, etc.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by joshrunkle35 View Post
    You can cancel/delete your account, but that information forever exists online (though, is no longer viewable by friends) as it belongs to facebook, not you. They will never delete it, because they trade in information. You get free facebook, they get to sell the information about you to advertisers, governments, etc.
    It's always puzzled me that most Facebook users don't seem to realize that they're not the customer, they're the merchandise.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    FWIW Facebook isn't that harsh. There needs to be a few things to keep the page open as a semi-open group. A few pages that I am aware of were closed but then reinstated quickly. This had s bunch of folks puttin' on the foil, and not in the hockey sense. I don't buy into the great conspiracy, not when the past 8 guns I have purchased have been because of facebook and the last 10k rounds of ammo have been through sponsored posts.
    Two separate gun trader groups, both closed groups, were deleted at the same time. It's hard not to think there are political reasons behind closing them.

It's my preferred way to find firearms and ammo too but if they're going to delete the groups I use what's the point? There's a local forum that works just as well.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Local forums are cool but the butthurt on FaceSpace is much more interesting.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    It's always puzzled me that most Facebook users don't seem to realize that they're not the customer, they're the merchandise.
    Oh that is colossal epic.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Local forums are cool but the butthurt on FaceSpace is much more interesting.
    Sometimes I want to get on there just for the butthurt. But then I would have a very hard time not trolling certain family members and arguing with them about tiresome political stuff. They'd probably end up having to block me.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

User Tag List