Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any advice running steady +p 9mm through a Beretta 92?

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I was under the impression that the locking block was on Gen 3. Is there a Gen 4 now? If so, the $42 (incl. shipping) I spent on a new Gen 3 locking block and plunger two days ago for my surplus 92S was not as good an expenditure as it could have been.
    You''re fine-as I recall, there were actually a couple of iterations of the Gen 2 in it's eventual phasing to the current one, with the smaller plunger. You've got the current one and are good to go. FWIW, I've been shooting for years with my "early" Gen 2, with no untoward issues.

Best, Jon

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.

Any advice running steady +p 9mm through a Beretta 92?

Molon. I am curious if the M882 ball you tested was actual .mil issue (brown box) or commercial M882?

The reason I am asking is because back in the 1990s when Federal started selling M882 ammo I was concerned about the pressure and contacted Federal. The tech rep stated that their commercial loads were not as "hot" as actual military loads. Now he may have just been blowing smoke but it made sense to me.
    Last edited by Suvorov; 11-12-2014 at 05:59 PM. Reason: added more background

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Molon. I am curious if the M882 ball you tested was actual .mil issue (brown box) or commercial M882?

The reason I am asking is because back in the 1990s when Federal started selling M882 ammo I was concerned about the pressure and contacted Federal. The tech rep stated that their commercial loads were not as "hot" as actual military loads. Now he may have just been blowing smoke but it made sense to me.
    I was wondering the same thing. Is Winchester selling the same stuff as M882 (DODIC A363) or just stamping NATO on the box to drum up sales.

User Tag List