Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cz p09 aiwb

Cz p09 aiwb

Anybody had some trigger time behind the full size P09?

I know we have talked about the P07 some, but I was looking for a full sized 9mm hammer fired to go along with my P30 for carry.

I was mostly wondering how they were holding up and if the length of the grip was too long for guys to AIWB?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernHeat View Post

I know we have talked about the P07 some, but I was looking for a full sized 9mm hammer fired to go along with my P30 for carry.

I was mostly wondering how they were holding up and if the length of the grip was too long for guys to AIWB?

Thanks
    I've got about 1000 rounds thru my P-09, and it's been 100% reliable so far. It's a large gun, no doubt about it, but I have carried it successfully in a JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster. Whether or not you'll be able to pull it off will depend on your manner of dress, holster selection and body type.

I love the gun, but feel that it can benefit greatly from action work and better sights, and had mine tuned by David Milam at Cajun Gun Works.

If you want a carry gun, get the P-07.

Holster will most likely be JMCK AIWB.

I have no problems with AIWB and regular carry is a G17/M&P9 FS/ P30 so I prefer larger guns.

I have just read about the length of the P09 grip being even longer than the Glocks full size and didn't know if it was crazy big or people were having difficulty carrying it.

I carry a G34 at work and do like that size gun, but the more I carry a gun with a hammer off duty, the more I love being able to ride my thumb over the hammer as I holster...

Holster will most likely be JMCK AIWB.

I have no problems with AIWB and regular carry is a G17/M&P9 FS/ P30 so I prefer larger guns.

I have just read about the length of the P09 grip being even longer than the Glocks full size and didn't know if it was crazy big or people were having difficulty carrying it.

I carry a G34 at work and do like that size gun, but the more I carry a gun with a hammer off duty, the more I love being able to ride my thumb over the hammer as I holster...
    Grip is noticeably longer than a 17/34.

This gun has a substantially longer grip as FredM pointed out. However, In my experience they are a dream to shoot. The trigger work is relatively easy and the sights track very well. I would get the fiber optic sights from CZ Custom. Very nice sight picture. I believe they make a tritium front, I just prefer green fiber. This gun is too big for ME to carry AIWB, I would get the P07. I really like how this TDA gun shoots, the trigger is nice, there are some decent sights available and they guns are super cheap. Try them both out if you can.

I have looked and seen that CZ Custom does have some really good looking sights that are able to be installed and think those will be one of the first buys after the holster once I choose a model.

I am in the DFW area so I have been around to some gun stores just to handle the P07 and liked that it was G19ish size, but ever sense I have been carrying a full size gun, I have just always been leaning toward that size for one reason or another.

I guess I cant get over the extra rounds, longer sight radius and little less recoil (assuming) that the P09 brings to the table over the P07... but the problem is if the P09 is too big to be carried at all, it could hold a million rounds and it wouldn't matter cause its not going to be on ya when you need it.

Well, They both shoot well and you can use the P09 mag in the P07. Something to think about. If it was primarily a carry gun I would but the P07. For under $1k you could have both good luck!

CZ P09-5137 rounds through my most used training gun.

I am 6'0 and 200 pounds. I have a 35 inch waist and a 42 inch chest.

I cannot conceal a P09 in any AIWB holster on the market unless i wear a coat. T-shirts, no, button down shirts, no, a sweat shirt..maybe but i live in Florida. The grip is just too long.

Its a freakin badass gun but it is simply too big to carry for my body type. If you're dead set on the platform, the P07 shoots very well for what it is and it is WAY easier to conceal.

I bought one. It's a dream to shoot. Sadly enough, I also find it too big to hide. Will probably try to trade it in on a G17 soon.

Thanks
    I've been a DA fan for a long time now. I also carry a P30S 9mm.

I was looking at Full size CZ 9mm with rail also. I cant bring myself to buy one.
    Not when I can get a Sig MK25 or Beretta 92A2/M9A1.

User Tag List