Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 Shot Leather SME; An experiment in some fine tuning

Thanks for the review. It's interesting how our experiences differ so much. As an early 1911 SME user, it has completely ruined kydex holsters for me. I use gunner grips with no undershirt, prefer no sweat guard, and have no complaints. John, give the people what they want, but please, please don't change the 1911 holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinh View Post
    Thanks for the review. It's interesting how our experiences differ so much. As an early 1911 SME user, it has completely ruined kydex holsters for me. I use gunner grips with no undershirt, prefer no sweat guard, and have no complaints. John, give the people what they want, but please, please don't change the 1911 holster.
    Meh, I'd guess our experiences don't differ all that much, Vinh. I'll just reiterate that I wore an original SME happily and quite comfortably for quite a long time. It's a fabulous holster and if John had told me tweaks weren't possible, I'd very likely still be wearing the original every day.

I'm with you on the leather bit too. I have a number of different kydex rigs I still use here and there, but I'm repeatedly drawn back to the cow. Interestingly, the modded SME feels really similar to Tony's "George" design on the body.

t

I would want the trigger guard to be fully coverd. But that's me.

User Tag List