Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: The Problem of Universal Background Checks.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    I wonder if the potato cannon I built for my kids qualifies. It uses an explosive such as hairspray. But the tennis ball mortar uses an explosive such as lighter fluid. (We have this book called backyard ballistics)
    Does the Washington state criminal code apply to you?

(Further: How is "explosive" defined in the WA state code?)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Does the Washington state criminal code apply to you?

(Further: How is "explosive" defined in the WA state code?)
    RCW70.74.010
    (5) The term "explosive" or "explosives" whenever used in this chapter, shall be held to mean and include any chemical compound or mechanical mixture that is commonly used or intended for the purpose of producing an explosion, that contains any oxidizing and combustible units, or other ingredients, in such proportions, quantities, or packing, that an ignition by fire, by friction, by concussion, by percussion, or by detonation of any part of the compound or mixture may cause such a sudden generation of highly heated gases that the resultant gaseous pressures are capable of producing destructive effects on contiguous objects or of destroying life or limb. In addition, the term "explosives" shall include all material which is classified as division 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, or 1.6 explosives by the United States department of transportation. For the purposes of this chapter, small arms ammunition, small arms ammunition primers, smokeless powder not exceeding fifty pounds, and black powder not exceeding five pounds shall not be defined as explosives, unless possessed or used for a purpose inconsistent with small arms use or other lawful purpose.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List