Thread: Wilson CQB mag catch question

Site Supporter

Wilson CQB mag catch question

I've got a new to me CQB that I was getting ready to take to the range today. The mag catch was working but it was clicking when depressed and a little stiff. I removed the mag catch to see if it had any gunk in it. I didn't find anything so I gave it a little oil and tried to reassemble. Now it appears that the spring plunger is stuck and I cannot complete the reassembly. Any ideas?Name:  image.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  33.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by JV_; 11-08-2014 at 06:36 PM.

The tab on the magazine catch lock looks really thick and crooked. After you free it up, I would address any burrs or edges that is preventing smooth operation of the spring and catch lock.

I took the pistol off of my hip and snapped this pic. Your wilson magazine catch lock looks much thicker than this Colt:

Site Supporter
    I went back to give it another try this afternoon. I was finally able to free the pin after trying several different small adjustmenta in pressure and angle. I think you're spot on about a burr catching. I took it to the range and didn't experience any problems. I'm going to start a different thread about my range trip.

Thanks for the suggestions.

User Tag List