Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The hard one to find... a Kydex version of the Summer Special II

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Burton View Post
    I know you asked about kydex specifically but may I humbly recommend the IBS rig from my pal John Ralston at 5 Shot Leather.

Shameless plug aside... ... I have worn mine in the hottest of the hot weather that Arizona can throw at me as well as some seriously humid July days in Dallas and I have never sweat through the holster. Additionally, once broken in it has been the fastest IWB I've owned, kydex included.
    I have been drooling over the 5 Shot IBS rig for a while but it is certainly out of my price range. Looks like a great setup.

Is he taking new orders from civilians?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Burton View Post
    I know you asked about kydex specifically but may I humbly recommend the IBS rig from my pal John Ralston at 5 Shot Leather.

Shameless plug aside... ... I have worn mine in the hottest of the hot weather that Arizona can throw at me as well as some seriously humid July days in Dallas and I have never sweat through the holster. Additionally, once broken in it has been the fastest IWB I've owned, kydex included.
    That is a good looking design, and holster. Years ago, I bookmarked your long term review of the IBS from another forum and I link it when the discussions of holster thickness and on the body loops vs outboard loops come up. It is a very good review. However, your picture links have been broken.

I think BIS would be a better name for the holster though.

I think the name should stay IBS. Then when I buy one I can tell the wife that it was prescribed to me for taming down a bad case of IBS.

I forgot .

Rich of Custom Carry Concepts , LLC makes a excellent fold over IWB called the UNO VESION 2 and can come with Pull The Dot Loops If you select it .

There is a picture at his website sometimes when I click on the UNO it will show a UNO with Pull The Dot loops and sometimes it doesn't.

My short list
    JM / Tony
    CCC / Rich
    Bladetech NANO or the discontinued IWB.
    Infidel IWB with loops ( haven't tried it)

BTW I gave up the Milt Sparks IWB for a Kydex IWB by Bladetech.

I prefer simple fold over IWB and IWB-Light with full guard and pull the dot loops.
    Last edited by Rich; 11-13-2014 at 07:33 AM.

I have positive experience with:

JM, CCC, Dale Fricke for holsters worn IWB at 3-4 o'clock.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List