Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LAV special edition Glocks

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Since they're building "retros" how bout a Gen2 frame with Gen 4 internals.
    Yes, please.

If Glock were going to get into a "Build a Bear" approach to pistols, I'd take a Gen4 frame and ejector and "dot" connector with 3rd Gen smooth face trigger, 3rd Gen upper with pre-2010 extractor. Color is sorta immaterial to me, FDE would work, so would OD, or (gasp) black...

While we're at it, install the Vicker's Gen4 mag release from the factory, and Ameriglo TCAP front with Operator rears.

Oh, and a G30S slide on a Gen4 frame (with the smooth trigger, please)...

When it comes to the G19, the finger groove spacing just doesn't work for me. It's fine on the full size and subs, but the spacing on the 19 kills me.

Please build me a 4th gen 19, minus the groves!

Or I guess I'll continue to carry my old 2nd gen 19, along with 17s and 26s that actually fit.

I'm pretty ok with a Gen 3 G19 (assuming all the components are truly up to snuff), Glock extended slide release, Glock standard, minus or dot connector (dependant upon the specific pistol/projected use venue{s}), Glock magazine floor plates, and Glock magazine release. I'll grant that the LAV-endorsed sights (and other aftermarket sights) are a desirable/significant improvement.

And yes, if I'm in the desert, the FDE color frame/magazine floorplates could be slightly desirable. Otherwise, OEM black (or really, any reasonable color for that matter) quite sufficient.

I'm ambivelant on the RTF2. It provides a superb grasp (and it's nice that it extends up to the thumb indent), but it's harsh of clothing, as others have attested. Perhaps it's best venue is as it was originally designed for-in exterior duty hosters, away from direct body and clothing contact, or for competition use.

A replacement smoothtriggerbar with a smooth trigger is a must for all of my G19s; if these are US-manufactured Glocks, I'm surprised LAV didn't stipulate them.

Since this is a part-bin engineeered concept, the addition of price compared to a "stock" G17/G19 should basically parallel the price of the substituted components-sufficient profit margins should already be inherent, in my opinion.

And I'd suggest adding the G21 to this mix.

Best, Jon

Random question - Is it true that RTF2 was created for an organization that primarily shoots with gloves?

Random observation - over 15 years standardized on Glocks and it was only a few years ago thanks to interweb discussions that I even paid attention to which triggers were smooth and which were grooved. I never noticed it before and don't notice it to this day in shooting.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Please build me a 4th gen 19, minus the groves!
    Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Random question - Is it true that RTF2 was created for an organization that primarily shoots with gloves?

Random observation - over 15 years standardized on Glocks and it was only a few years ago thanks to interweb discussions that I even paid attention to which triggers were smooth and which were grooved. I never noticed it before and don't notice it to this day in shooting.
    According to my sources in Glock, yes, on the motivation impetus on the RTF2.

Best, Jon

User Tag List