Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Considering the Snub Nose Reload - Spares Carry

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Rubber bands on one's J or K frame snubby, at the top of the grip frame just beneath the recoil shoulder, were all the rage among plain clothes cops back in the day. They allowed one to carry his piece mexican, without it dropping through your pants and out of the trouser leg.

Mostly, but sometimes not.

I showed up to help cuff a dude one of our UCs had tried to stop and it ended up in a fight, then on the ground. Our guy's gun ended up sliding out the bottom of his pants leg and then it was a fight over the gun on the ground.

Bad ju-ju

I generally prefer strips of bicycle inner tube to rubber bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman House DDS View Post
    I have the Werner set-up, as well as the DeSantis clip grips for my Airweight.

The Werner set-up, due to the angle of the, "clip," compared to the DeSantis, was more comfortable, secure and durable for me. My only, "addition," to the excellent system that Claude worked out with that, is that I replaced the slip on Hogue grip with a bunch of thick, evenly spaced rubber bands. Kinda retro, but it IS for a revolver, after all!
    Nice to see you here, Dr. House. Welcome aboard.

Thank you! Glad to be here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Back in the day it was common for a guy to have to break out the sander paper and get to work on grips, even for service sized wheelguns, so that a speedloader would work.
    That makes me feel sooo old.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Me too.

Back in the day it was common for a guy to have to break out the sander paper and get to work on grips, even for service sized wheelguns, so that a speedloader would work.
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Me too.
    If it's any consolation, I just did the freezer-and-dremel thing to my new 442's poly stocks. Same concept, different tech.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    If it's any consolation, I just did the freezer-and-dremel thing to my new 442's poly stocks. Same concept, different tech.
    Can you post a picture of what you did? I have the same little beast and I would like to get an idea of what I need to do mine.

Thanks.

JR1572

Mostly, but sometimes not.

I showed up to help cuff a dude one of our UCs had tried to stop and it ended up in a fight, then on the ground. Our guy's gun ended up sliding out the bottom of his pants leg and then it was a fight over the gun on the ground.

Bad ju-ju

True enough. I didn't say I "condoned" it. In fact, I can count on the fingers of one hand the times I actually carried my issue 2.5" M-66... and those times were in a an old Bianchi belt slide holster. Still got that, come to think of it.

But I'm not seeing what strips of bicycle inner tube do that rubber bands won't.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    True enough. I didn't say I "condoned" it. In fact, I can count on the fingers of one hand the times I actually carried my issue 2.5" M-66... and those times were in a an old Bianchi belt slide holster. Still got that, come to think of it.

But I'm not seeing what strips of bicycle inner tube do that rubber bands won't.

I didn't think that you did.

The bicycle inner tube bits are more sturdy and last quite a bit longer. Also flat black, and thus tactical.....

Also flat black, and thus tactical.....
    Ah... of course.

User Tag List